StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas where to find the 1 amp fuse that comes in the wiring harness for the Nuvii 550? Smallest I could find was 3 amp at radio shack. It's a mini style fuse.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A 3A is fine. It will blow before the wire will melt. I found 2A fuses at Radio Shack or Wal-Mart. I remember my Zumo came with a gray 2A fast acting fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 amp vs 3 amp fuse

I too am looking for a replacement fuse for a Nuvi 550. My question about the 3 amp substitution is: Can you damage anything internally in the Nuvi before you blow a 3 amp fuse? Thanks.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The fuse does not protect internal device components. It protects the wires against shorting against each other or the frame. Devices that need internal protection have internal fuses. The 550 can run off its internal battery. That is not fused.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Micanic2000

I was finding the little fuse was hard to find also. Some research and a little crossover in part numbers led me to this. Radio Shack on line # 2103763 is supposed to be a 4pk of 1amp 250v 5X20mm fuses. Actual stock # is # 270-1063 4pk 5X20mm slow blow fuses. These will work just fine instead of using a 3a fast acting...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts