StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO after much perusing, studying and what not...... First off I will say I can be one of those people where a little knowledge can be dangerous,,( and expensive!!!!!) So before I switch everything on I want to check a couple of things.

DL650K5

I installed a Marine grade cig lighter on the dash ( for small accessories-GPS etc)
I used a 5 pin relay so that it is always "Hot" using the schematic found on here or another forum .
I got a Blue Seas 5025 Fuse Box seemingly wired correctly.

The Previous owner has installed grip heaters( Which I really haven't used - prefer thick gloves so far) from I'm assuming the heat grip connector. The Stebel is directly wired to the Battery- I'm keeping it that for now at least( If it ain't broken don't fix it)- though I did upgrade the wiring to one size bigger 14 gauge I think from 16 or 18. He tapped the orange/green tracer wire from under the gas tank. I tapped into the that wire he added for my switched power.

Is That Ok to have an additional draw from there??

Also I have an electric jacket ( Tourmaster Synergy with sleeves). The power cables connect to the battery with a inline fuse on it. I'd rather not cut it all up. Can I leave the fuse (essentially have a double fuse) on it? or cut that out ??

WHat would be an appropriate sized fuse for the cig lighter? It's basically going to run my Garmin Nuvi 265wt for trips ( like Montrose- See you there!!) and maybe a MP3 player/cell phone. It won't be used for air compressors/jumpstarting etc. Is there a guide to selecting an appropriate fuse size? Thanks for your input !!

Off to find a coffeemaker to install next........

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
That O/G wire should be used as the trigger wire only for throwing the relay. The blue wire in the diagram should be connected to it. The additional draw is minimal. The positive terminal of the battery should supply juice to the accessories as in the diagram. You can do a double fuse but I prefer a simpler wiring setup even if doing it is more complex. A 3A fuse is plenty for a GPS or player/phone.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
...The Stebel is directly wired to the Battery- I'm keeping it that for now at least( If it ain't broken don't fix it)- though I did upgrade the wiring to one size bigger 14 gauge I think from 16 or 18. He tapped the orange/green tracer wire from under the gas tank. I tapped into the that wire he added for my switched power...
Is the Stebel triggered by a relay?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used that diagram greywolf has shown as a basis for my set up. The stebel is triggered by a relay . Thanks for reviewing for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts