StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a fuse block on order, and I'm planning on attaching to it heated grips, a powerlet outlet, driving lights and a hard wired Garmin.

Since all of that stuff is up front, to me it seems logical to to install the fuse block in the front and run really short wires. But most of the installs that I've seen for fuse blocks show people installing them under the seat.

Is there a reason why I install it under the seat and run 4 wires back instead of installing it upfront and having all of the connections right there?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Access to fuses in the event of a failure?

The reason I did it that way was to keep the length of unfused wire very short.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Same here. I wanted the run of unfused hot wire to be as short as possible. Mine is about 5 inches before it gets to the relay. Then I have about another 5 inches before I get to the fuse block. Mine is a little longer than it absolutely had to be but I wanted a "certain" routing that made me happy inside.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Is this far enough up front for you?

I had a lot of front mounted accessories. The relay fuse is right next the the positive battery terminal and a few feet of 12ga to the fuse block isn't going to lose much. Running three 12ga wires instead of a bunch of lighter ones like I did when the old fuse block was under the seat cleaned things up.

On the 2012, I don't want to access the front more often than necessary. There are positive and negative bus bars on the batteries of both bikes but the fuse block on the Glee is in the tail along with the Rostra cruise control servo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts