StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from having my bike in for the wiring harness recall. They had the bike for two weeks. This is what I find. At least three scratches in the tank that I can see without removing the plastics.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
Those don't look like scratches. It looks like he dropped the tank or dropped something on the side of the tank. I don't they could have done it without knowing it.

If the dealership doesn't own up to it and fix it I'm sure we can help you find the contact information for the regional Suzuki contact.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup definitely more like gouges... Will be going home to document the damage with a proper camera. Then going back to see them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know if our pearl white is three stage? If so can it be blended or should I be going after them for an entire new tank? I'm not unreasonable and would be fine with a repair job as long as it looked mint.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Did this happen at the Dealer you bought her new from? If so, I would tell them I wanted a new tank.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, dealer I bought it from closed (out of business). So I had to use a different dealer that I have never purchased from and essentially have no rapport with. They have been good to deal with up until now.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i would go and talk to them maybe they will offer a new tank or paint job without any hassle

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Just got back from having my bike in for the wiring harness recall. They had the bike for two weeks. This is what I find. At least three scratches in the tank that I can see without removing the plastics.
Kill them. Rip out their livers and eat them with mayonnaise.

Well, I suppose you could ask nicely for a new paint job, but where's the fun in that?

Perhaps a strongly worded letter?

I don't know...

>:)

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Maybe check with your bike insurance before heading in there, they might cover it and go after the dealer themselves.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the dealer changed his tune when I showed up in person with pics. They couldn't deny it. He was calling around for paint jobs. My concern is the pearl, if it can be matched then they will have to replace the tank I guess.

In the meantime I am documenting everything... Just in case.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'd give the dealer a chance to make right on it but I wouldn't be surprised if they claim that you caued the damaged. I don't worry too much about knicks and scratches but then again I do my own work for the most part and my bike has been dropped more than once.

Again, I'd give them a chance to make it right before going to your insurance and putting them though that process, if you accidentally damaged someones stuff (or someone you employed did) would you want to be given the chance to make right or have them immediately go nuclear option on you? If they refuse to fix it or play dumb then do what you need to do.

Reactions: Big B

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
A fellow I know had issues like that with his new Indian. Dealer finally fessed up. Actually the mechanic owned up to the mishap.
After a lot of miles and customizing like I've done, one doesn't worry about the little stuff!>:)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Well the dealer changed his tune when I showed up in person with pics. They couldn't deny it. He was calling around for paint jobs. My concern is the pearl, if it can be matched then they will have to replace the tank I guess.

In the meantime I am documenting everything... Just in case.
That sucks, hopefully they come good for it! Do you guys have any snow yet?

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
What? No Fava beans, Janice.
Fava beans are not food. Neither is hummus, and don't even get me started on chickpeas...

:grin2:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Dr. Lecter might argue with u on that point. But then he might eat YOUR liver.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
:laugh2:poor Symb. From frustration to food. Well, let's call it comfort food, Symb.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts