StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow stromtroopers,

As the title says we are looking for enthusiastic V-strom riders who are interested in being part of an exciting new project testing, developing V-strom accessories.

I'm expecting some parts to be completed by the end of January. Particularly central stand, skid plate, crash bar. Hoping but not sure about the aluminum panniers and rack. What I'm expecting from test riders is feedback on the finished product (welding, paint, feel of the product, design), vibration at certain RPM, alignment (fit), time required and difficulty of installing the products, crash test (naaah, just joking).
You're also the potential rider if you don't mind hitting dirt roads, of course as much as it's possible with a V-strom. (I was riding the Pamir Hwy and the Wakhan Valley this year and can confirm the Strom is capable!)

Last but not least, I'm asking for help in the south, south west region thanks to your fortunate weather situation and all-year round riding potentials. It's freezing cold up here in Toronto and winter has just begun...

Drop me a line if you're interested and we can work out the details.

Cheers,
Gombos

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious as to who "we" are. Since this is your first post a little intro/info would be helpful.:fineprint:
My apologies for not introducing us. We, as a father and son owned business, have been in the metal fabrication business for over 30 years. Thus we never shopped around for skid plates, crash bars, aluminum panniers etc. when it came to equipping our bikes. We made it. Never wanted to go into production because we were busy enough :) But just this year I had the opportunity to take my strom to Central Asia and every time we met other bikers on the road they couldn't stop complimenting on the accessories and asked if we had a catalogue/website to browse...now that's a sign, isn't that?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well, now that we have that out of the way, Welcome Aboard! You sound like a dedicated crew, you and your dad. You should find a lot of volunteers on this forum to test out your products.
I would volunteer myself, but mine sees a dirt road only a few times a year. Usually when there is something of interest I want to see in Arkansas or Colorado that requires travels down dirt or Forest Service roads. The rest is more along the line of sport touring. I know, I know! Why have an adventure bike when I sport tour mostly? I just got tired of hearing the body panels on my Concours rattle when I took it down dirt roads, and the 17 inch front tire never seemed very planted on dirt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hello there, from just down the road a bit.

Hi Gombos. I live just down the road from you in Quinte West and just bought a 2004 Wee. It came stark naked and I just bought a set of Kappa crash bars for it that I have yet to install. I go to T.O. occasionally and would love to have a look at your stuff. I'm still looking for rugged, practical stuff like a skid plate, center stand, hand guards and luggage. I intend to ride on dirt regularly to geocache and explore this great planet of ours. Drop me a line if I can be of help!

EJ

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome! I'm over in Milton (just beside Mississauga), and have an 09 Vee that needs crash bars, center stand and possibly skid plate (and light bar, and access. Plate, and highway pegs, and ....... Lol)

Mostly highway, some gravel and whatever else might come up!

SO, shoot me a Pm if you need a Vee tester!

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am in AZ but I'm a mechanical moron. :mrgreen:
I can leave right from my garage and hit the dirt..I sometimes do just that on my commute back home after work just to break things up a bit.

If you don't mind dealing with a mechanical moron (but my husband is really handy and would help me), let's talk!

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
Hola, I'm in LA, Los Angeles not Lower Alabama,and get around the west a bit, ride a good number of miles a year on 2 bikes. If you want me to beat your equipment up, I'd be glad to give it a go. I'se capable of wrenching.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Im in Vegas, don't hit the dirt too much but have the 650 and 1000 in my stable.
Mike

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm not in the South, but I do tend to take my wee to places others think I shouldn't.Went to Moab this year. I currently have a touratec skid plate that I've already broken the rear mounting bracket once. Its now bent again and I want something more substantial. The mounting brackets on my Givi crash bars are cracked from vibration. I do most of my own wrenching.

If you are making protection parts for people who actually dump their bike on occasion, and smash skid plates on boulders, you sound like my kind of people.

Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply to you all! I will be sending you guys a pm soon with some more details.

Cheers,
Lorry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not in the South, but I do tend to take my wee to places others think I shouldn't.Went to Moab this year. I currently have a touratec skid plate that I've already broken the rear mounting bracket once. Its now bent again and I want something more substantial. The mounting brackets on my Givi crash bars are cracked from vibration. I do most of my own wrenching.

If you are making protection parts for people who actually dump their bike on occasion, and smash skid plates on boulders, you sound like my kind of people.

Tim
Right on, Tim! You might be someone I'm really looking for. Will be sending you a pm with more details soon. What year is your strom?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Id ride more trails if I had a skid plate. I've whacked my pipe twice. I've been thinking about rideing to enduro guardian next summer to get one of his plates. I've got givi crash bars they have held up well on my 3 crashes in 13 months. I would do ALOT more off road if I had a buddy. Last year I got stuck under the wee when I went down on a muddy single track.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ride in Texas (Fort Hood to be exact) weather year-round and it's very humid and rainy out here. I'd love to put some products up to the test for you. I already have a center stand and crash bar but I'd be willing to take them off to test yours. I'd really like to test some panniers since I'm in the market for some durable boxes

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a 2012 DL650 with 22k on it so far, i've done DAYS of offroading on it (Wouldn't reccomend it, not for the faint of heart) and I bought this bike FOR Adventuring. Forest trails, backroads, street, gravel, river crossings, you name it. I'd be happy to test anything.

Uploaded some photos for "proof" :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Southwest baby!!!

Hello. I live in flagstaff AZ. i have just acquired a DL1000 and I am riding aggressively on and off road. Look at my Photos on the Bloody Basin Road thread. I am looking for affordable Panniers right now. I have a trip planned for October. We are going to the south tip of Baja Mexico. Lets talk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts