StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

heading off to do James Bay late june.

I'd like to have a full service done, including the recall on my 08vee before I leave.

1- should I have the TBS done? im sitting at 19600 km
2- im thinking of taking it to Richmond Hill Suzuki. I've been to Rosey Toes, but they dont seem to give receipts or documentation of the work done, which worries me a bit.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
By Richmond Hill Suzuki, if you mean Hillcrest Suzuki, they are closing up shop by the end of this month and are no longer taking in new service jobs.

If you must go to a dealership, then options include Newmarket, or Brampton Powersports. Ted at Rosey Toes can give you a receipt or documentation if you nask for it, but some jobs are best left for the professionals:)

If you want a local qualified and competent Suzuki mechanic to work on your bike PM and I can give you the contact info for my mechanic.

·
Registered
81 Posts
By Richmond Hill Suzuki, if you mean Hillcrest Suzuki, they are closing up shop by the end of this month and are no longer taking in new service jobs.

If you must go to a dealership, then options include Newmarket, or Brampton Powersports. Ted at Rosey Toes can give you a receipt or documentation if you nask for it, but some jobs are best left for the professionals:)

If you want a local qualified and competent Suzuki mechanic to work on your bike PM and I can give you the contact info for my mechanic.
Juan,

Long time! If you wouldn't mind, I would like the name of your mechanic also...not so good with the pm thing.

Cheers!

Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
I go to Dual Sport Plus in Stoney Creek, I know its a bit far but I trust the mechanic there Rick 100%. Had all my service there on my 08 1000 from day one!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've done the James Bay road twice now, once on a DL650 and once on a DL1000. Both times I had tire issues. Once I got my bike stuck in the ocean.

Brand new tires are highly recommended for this trip, as is extra gas. I'm sure you've done your homework, but I can't stress enough exactly how remote this ride is.

Make sure you book a tour of the dam.

·
Registered
36 Posts
James Bay Rd

I have also done this road (and the Trans-Lab) more than once! New tires are a must - especially if it is hot. June can be very dicey weather-wise - check the weather before you go - if there is a chance of snow, count on it snowing and don't go - this happened to us once and it was seriously dangerous. Secondly, count on black flies coming down on you like rain - every time you stop you will lose a significant amount of blood if you aren't covered up and sopping wet with DEET.

Having said this - it is a great ride - bring gas and a camera!! Collapsible fishing rod too if you are so inclined!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Go in August.

If you stay on the James Bay Road, there is now another fuel stop then just the one that everyone is familiar with. This will negate having to carry extra fuel.

But wait, I just realized you are on a DL1000 instead of a DL650. I would do some fuel calculations before departure.

When I made the trip in August of 2009, I had no trouble with bugs. It did get fairly chilly one of the nights we camped in the campground at Radisson.

In my opinion, a June trip is too early for this region.

B.L.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts