StromTrooper banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Around here, it's typical to have more cars waiting for a pump than there are free pumps. For that reason, (courtesy) I stay on the bike, pay with my card, then pull out of the way before going inside to buy something. I usually don't take off my helmet, either, for expediency.
Additionally, it seems more likely that you'll have a problem being off the bike and holding it up to fill the tank, rather than straddling the bike. I'm thinking there's almost a quarter to half gallon difference between the bike on the side stand and straight up and down.
I can't remember the last time I got blown up doing this...
I do however remember a guy in South Carolina not activating the pump for me, yelling over the intercom "you got to be off the bike!!!" I just rode on to the next station.
Chris in Boston

·
Registered
188 Posts
On or off the bike

Definitely on the bike. In fact I don't even actually stop for fuel. I call the Air Force and they send in one of those refueling planes really low and I just refuel tooling on down the road. Tiny downside is the cost, but since I bought the DL650 instead of the BMW, I can afford it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts