StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had issues with the upper level digital indicator on my 650..

Bought the bike new in March. for the first couple of months whenever I filled the tank the top digital bar registered full until 100k then went to the 4th bar. As of September I havent seen the top (5th) Bar. The lower levels work.
I went to the dealer, they measured the ohms as per manual and the top level measured a resistance higher than spec. They figure it is the reader in the tank, looks like a floating leaver. Part is on order.. Anyone else have this problem.

My best mileage has been 400kms on a tank, but had four litres left in tank when filled up. ( excuse the metric, dont know the conversion :oops:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, I also had this problem. HAD is the key word here. Please read the topic "Fuel not Full" about 12 subject's down. Tag your it. Its not my fault, really.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I have 30,000km on my K5. On a few occasions I have had that problem as well. I added some fuel injection cleaner to a full tank and in no time the guage works properly again. I have also found that using the Shell premium fuel seems to clear it up as well.

cheers

k5 in canada

1 - 4 of 4 Posts