StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 650XT with just 2,300 miles on it. All of a sudden (today, in fact) the range estimate (distance to empty) is stuck between about 68-72. The fuel tank level appears to be correct at about 3/4 full (I opened the tank and sloshed it to see if it was about what is indicated). All instantaneous mileage and trip mileage are being computed. I rode it for about an hour this afternoon and it didn't self-correct as I expected.

Coming from my first bike, a DR650, I've grown fond of a fuel gauge and distance to empty estimate so this is kind of a Big Deal.

Any ideas?

(I haven't reset the computer yet because it seems like a bit of a PITA)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Remember it is still on warranty. Unsure if you can reset other than removing a battery lead but I would give this a try before taking to a dealer if shutting the bike on and off did not help as this is what they will most likely try first.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remember it is still on warranty. Unsure if you can reset other than removing a battery lead but I would give this a try before taking to a dealer if shutting the bike on and off did not help as this is what they will most likely try first.
Good answer. I'll disconnect the battery for a bit and see what happens. After that, I'll call the dealer and ask them.

Reactions: RestoRider2017

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had this happen on my 2017 Wee where the range got stuck at 55. It self corrected after I refilled the tank.

·
Registered
614 Posts
It sure seems like these bikes have a case of the niggles. (little bothersome oddities)
That keep us guessing and searching for what - why- and how much.
I can just picture 3 Suzuki engineers lined up for a race to see who can change the time on
the clock first. And the crowd falls asleep awaiting a winner. :poop::rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good answer. I'll disconnect the battery for a bit and see what happens. After that, I'll call the dealer and ask them.
Disconnecting the battery did nothing except make me have to reset the clock.
Filling the fuel tank fixed it, but I had to ride for about 10-15 minutes before it worked.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If this happens again maybe open and close the gas cap? Maybe that switch was the issue, The more tech added to our vehicles, more chances for glitches unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts