StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a call from their dealer stating a safety recall? The dealer said that the part will not come in until the middle of October. I haven’t seen an official letter from Suzuki yet. Anyone have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I stopped by a suzuki dealer today and I was told they just received it today, they have a stop sale on all the vstrom 650's due to a fuel pump recall, other models are affected, but I'm not sure which one's.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just checked the U.S. Suzuki website, updated 9/29/2018. I entered my VIN, no open safety recalls found.
2018 DL650XT -production date of February 2018

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was at the service department at my dealer yesterday, and asked what they had heard. Ass't Manager said they've had a few on the DL1000, but had nothing in the system for DL650s :shrug:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all, new member and just placed deposit on 650XT yesterday. The dealer confirmed that Suzuki has a stop sale on several models currently, to include the V-Strom 650, but didn’t know what it was for. Suzuki is supposed to inform them of the parts availability 10/15 so no new models can leave the floor until after that time. I’m sure the on the road units have whatever the issue is as well, so call your dealer on the 15th.

Brett

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer confirmed that there's a minor recall coming up. Something like a gasket that needs to be changed ('dichting' he said in Dutch, could be 'gasket' or 'packing' or 'seal')

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer, the recall is an O-ring on the fuel pump. Parts should be available later this week which means I wound be able to take delivery to next week at earliest. Boo.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer, the recall is an O-ring on the fuel pump. Parts should be available later this week which means I wound be able to take delivery to next week at earliest. Boo.

Did they tell you what's wrong with it? I wonder if it's an immediate security risk

·
Registered
79 Posts
No unfortunately they didn’t. But I can’t take delivery of my 2018 650XT until it’s fixed so I’m checking back with them tomorrow to see if they got the parts.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My nearest dealer still says no recall for my 2017. He's just looking up the VIN on the same Suzuki site that I looked at, which does show no recalls.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I'm trying to negotiate a deal also although apparently the recall has to be completed first. Considering
our quick trip from Summer to Winter, there will be snow on the ground before I can get to ride it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm trying to negotiate a deal also although apparently the recall has to be completed first. Considering
our quick trip from Summer to Winter, there will be snow on the ground before I can get to ride it.
Im dealing with the same thing I have a check sitting here with the dealers name on it. But he can't sell it until the o ring is fixed. I called him yesterday and he hadn't heard anything yet. This stinks I was suppose to pick it up last Saturday now Im not sure when I can get it and its been in the 70s all week and the rain looks like it will be here next week. Thats Oregon for you

·
Registered
79 Posts
Because I haven’t reached 10 posts, I cannot post the link. So if you google V-Strom Recall and look under the news tab you will find the link to a “canadamotoguide dot com” post with the recall details. Posted yesterday, the recall # is 2018558 and affects 1911 vehicles from model years 2017 and 18, and not just V-Stroms. Apparently the fuel pump O-ring may have been twisted during install. By the low number I’m wondering if that is the number of Canadian units only? Can’t find any US information yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Because I haven’t reached 10 posts, I cannot post the link. So if you google V-Strom Recall and look under the news tab you will find the link to a “canadamotoguide dot com” post with the recall details. Posted yesterday, the recall # is 2018558 and affects 1911 vehicles from model years 2017 and 18, and not just V-Stroms. Apparently the fuel pump O-ring may have been twisted during install. By the low number I’m wondering if that is the number of Canadian units only? Can’t find any US information yet.

The bike I'm dealing on is a 2018, US. model and when asked if it fell under the recall, I was answered; "Yes it does".

1 - 20 of 147 Posts