StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a stupid question, but this is my first bike so bare with me. My dealer said I should run 91 octane. But he also installed my center stand AND clutch lever on wrong. So I'd like a second opinion. More concerned on longevity of the bike as opposed to performance. Don't wanna spend money I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
One of the many reasons I bought the Wee (like my FJR) is that it only needs Regular gas (87 octane).

·
Registered
722 Posts
Lots of folks really have no clue what octane ratings really mean, and what vehicles require it. Just go with the owners manual.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Regular is fine, however, around here we can buy premium no ethanol fuel, I use that in the winter time, it has better shelf life, since I ride less in winter, the gas spends more time in the tank, alcohol free premium sits in the tank better. Summer, gas doesn't last that long in the tank (I ride more often and longer) , I'll go back to regular.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've had dealers tell me to use premium in my new bike before also. Put premium in the first tank, only to get home and read the owners manual to find out it recommends 87. It was a 1200 Bandit. I'm amazed that some dealers don't know more about the products they sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts