StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Vee and was wondering what kind of real-world fuel mileage to expect with average to aggressive riding? :confused:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am new to the Vee and was wondering what kind of real-world fuel mileage to expect with average to aggressive riding? :confused:
Riding around 90-95MPH should bring mileage down to 36-37MPG, if you stay within speed limits you should expect above 40MPG... I used fuelly.com when I was wondering...

...if you intend to keep mileage above 40MPG, you don't need a Vee. I think you know what I mean...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
getting around 40 mpg in the city

I am getting around 40 mpg in the city - 4 miles each way, surface streets usually (and no, I don't like bicycliing to work, though I have done it and it was a good aerobic workout)

·
Registered
87 Posts
i am getting 45 to 47 mpg,, mainly commuting to work, 25 mile one-way, 60-70 mph speeds..... my bike is all stock btw.....:yesnod:

·
Registered
7 Posts
All stock, and commuting 40 miles one way to work, has given me 48 to 52 MPG. This is a mix of stopping at lights and and highway speeds up around 65 to 70.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I get 300kms or 200miles to a tank, that's about it, mixed riding. Went about 340 kms last week, and put 5.07 gallons in ay the gas stop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, looks like probably low forties. I have a PC111 and aftermarket pipes so we'll see.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the input, looks like probably low forties. I have a PC111 and aftermarket pipes so we'll see.
Don't be too surprised if you see mid to high thirties instead. My '06 basically stock 1000 with a PCIII and 17/43 gearing running a fairly leaned out dyno tuned map averages 38mpg. If I get happy with the throttle it will dip way below that quickly.

For whatever reason there is a fairly large variation in reported mpg with these bikes. So as they say, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I rode the Vee about 600 miles and avaraged about 40 mpg. I was running 80 t0 85 (indicated) most of the time. So I'm pretty pleased with that. :hurray:

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
with yosh box fix FI, ive averaged 40.5 mpg over the pass 6,000 miles of in town, hi-way, and everything in between. using 91 or better octane fuel w/ ethanol treatment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
getting 50 mpg in Denver...

I have an '09 1000 -- I'm a big guy (300 lbs), and I recently moved to Denver. I have noticed a 3-4 mpg increase. I just did 240 miles today and then filled it up - excatly 50 mpg, whereas I was getting 45-47 in Columbus, OH. A trip from Denver to Hayden and back a few weeks ago yielded the same results - 50 mpg. Altitide at Denver is 5280, with Hayden hitting 6400 or so.

Today's ride took me up to Estes Park, which is at 7500 ft. But, I took the "flatland route" due to some weather, so most of the ride was under 6500ft.

I'm supposed to see some decrease power, but it wasn't noticeable to me. This great bike hauls my fat butt with the greatest of ease!

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much gas is left when that last bar ( fuel gage) starts flashing? I think it starts flashing when i still have plenty of gas, but I am unsure. Can anyone comment on that?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I'm hesitant to respond considering what others are reporting. You might think I'm either full of BS or that my six years of high school math have failed me. But I took a ride yesterday from Seattle, over two mountain passes, most of the way at 75mph actual. I rode 200 miles using 3.785 gallons. A little over 51mpg. Tall Givi windshield, 21 liter panniers, top case and 240 pounds of me. I was very careful on the quantity and unless my odometer is screwy, I'm sticking with my story.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
How much gas is left when that last bar ( fuel gage) starts flashing? I think it starts flashing when i still have plenty of gas, but I am unsure. Can anyone comment on that?
Thanks
There are supposed to be 3.2 US quarts left when the bottom bar starts flashing. I would not want to try for more than 20 miles on that or do it often as the fuel cools the electric fuel pump.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My first two trips went like this: From Nashville to the smokies, back roads, not agressive was 44. My first trip to Ohio, all highway, spedo reading 80 - 90 (consider the 10% differential), loaded with a case of bottle beer, 35.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts