StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I put on a Delkevic exhaust and PCV and had it tuned. Now that it's all dialed in I went from low 40's MPG to 30. They said it's because my bike was so lean they had to add fuel to make the AFR optimal. Is this basically because of the exhaust? Is there some way to get my fuel mileage back? Honestly thinking about going back to stock just to get my mileage back.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I gained 2 peak hp. How much more did I get?
Uh you spent $1000 or so and the bike doesn't have noticeably more performance? Uh...

Emission regs require manufacturers to tune the bike to run lean. They have to balance all aspects (performance, emmisions, economy, reliability etc.) of the motorcycle. Any modifications will adversely affect something else as you have found out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uh you spent $1000 or so and the bike doesn't have noticeably more performance? Uh...

Emission regs require manufacturers to tune the bike to run lean. They have to balance all aspects (performance, emmisions, economy, etc.) of the motorcycle. Any modifications will adversely affect something else as you have found out.
Ok yes the bike has much more performance but when I'm putting around town at part throttle how am I loosing 12 MPG. I'm not using that newfound performance then.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does the inside of your new exhaust pipe look like? Extra sooty?
Not sure. I'd have to go look when I get home. But I've driven it many miles before I got it tuned. So maybe I need to clean it and check it in a week?

·
Registered
945 Posts
There are maps shared on here for the PC III USB and some are really good. After some tweaking I am at 43 mpg (Imperial) with good smooth power from 3000 all the way up. Power from 4500 to the top is exceptional. I lost 5 mpg (Imperial) over the PC III map that was in it (which MAY have been tweaked by the previous owner's service guy).

My question - are there PC V maps on here that folks have used or modded that give great results without costing 12 mpg?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts