StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
A few weeks back I took my tank off to check my airfilter & stuff.
I removed the fuel line it the tank...
Have you seen the 90 degree plastic elbows that are on the fuel line?
To Me, they look sketchy.. If you are not very careful you could crack one. They look brittle.
If you were out on the road and cracked one ... you would be in trouble.

Anyone know of, or considered a better solution, brass fittings or something?

Part 2
Has anyone considered taking the filter out of the tank and putting an inline filter in... to facilitate easier switch out and maintenance.

What do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fuel line disconnect

Little late posting back but here's what I did. I bought a Motion-Pro fuel line plastic quick disconnect & a length of black rubber fuel line + "Fuel Line" hose clamps (not regular hose clamps). Carefully remove the stock fuel line from the two flimsy stock connectors. I did this carefully with X-acto blade & slicing off the line leaving you with the 2 stock connectors. Simply add the fuel line & quick disconnect USING the "Fuel Line" hose clamps. The fitting is good for 145 psi, the Strom is 65 psi. max. I bought a bag full of replacement O-rings for th q-disconnect as they do wear/break if you pull the tank alot. It took me 3-4 trips of trial & error to get EXACTLY the right size O-Ring replacement @ local bearing store. O-Ring can be viton or regular o-ring, doesn't matter. A quick disconnect fuel line is O.E.M. on Triumph motorcycles & should be on EVERY fuel injected motorcycle.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I've seen people reporting difficulty in disconnecting them. I have not seen a single report of breaking the elbow piece. Nylon is very tough. New ends are available if you want to make your own hose with 5/16" or 8mm fuel injection rated hose. See External Fuel Filter modification

1 - 4 of 4 Posts