StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I've never heard of anything else. Don't be one of those people that rides for miles with a turn signal on or destroys an engine by ignoring an oil pressure light or temp reading. Regularly check the instruments.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually don't use my blinkers, no one is arround to see them.

When I did notice the tiny blinking pump I had no idea how long it was on. I am new to the Wee and it was the first time that the fuel level went that low. And I really don't want to push any motorcycle any distance.

I do look at the instruments but I don't watch them like a hawk and the pump is the same black as everything else. I would have thought that it would throw a light when the fuel level gets low.

·
38,048 Posts
There is a second indication. Well after the fuel icon starts flashing, the last fuel bar will start flashing. Then you have two liters, a bit over 1/2 gallon left. You get plenty of warning. Use your blinkers to signal every turn. You never know when somebody you don't notice will need to see them and you want to make it an automatic thing to keep from getting killed if you ever take a trip.

·
Registered
14,835 Posts
I'm with LngRidr, reset the ODO at the gas stop and you will have a good idea of how much fuel you have. It helps to plan ahead when doing road trips and know where future fuel stops will be available.
After a short while on the bike you should get used to how it's functioning.
Both my bikes have those lights and using the ODO is very helpful if you don't notice the flashing light immediately because you were busy on the phone.

·
38,048 Posts
Riding without checking instruments
Turning without signalling
Using a phone when riding

I've got to learn not to care.

·
Administrator
13,353 Posts
Riding without checking instruments
Turning without signalling
Using a phone when riding

I've got to learn not to care.
Where does he mention using a phone while riding?

..Tom

·
38,048 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts