StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just finished installing the extended lines to do the TBS, put everything back together and started the bike. All looked OK till a puddle started to form at the front of the skid plate and then the smell of fuel:confused: Turned it of and started to have a look around to see if I could locate the problem. Could see some fuel running down the front sproket cover. Checked the conection of the fuel line to the tank, dry. Started the bike back up and the leak was coming from between the throttle bodies and running down the clutch hose. Remove tank and aircleaner and noticed the main fuel line that conects to the throttle bodies was wet.
Are the O rings in these replacable? Suzuki tells me no the whole line needs replacing at $72.:jawdrop: Can I replace with high pressure line and clamps?

Cheers Hugh

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes after finding the problem I did a search and found the pictures you had put up so went back out to check but they are dry and look to be OK. Will probobly look at replacing the clamps while I have everything of now I know about it though.

Cheers Hugh

·
38,103 Posts
Another place to check is the O-rings between the fuel rails and the injectors. The only time I've heard of a problem with the O-rings in the fuel lines is if they were installed incorrectly. Try swapping ends on the fuel line and see if the leak moves. I'm pretty sure both ends are the same. A hose and clamps rated for fuel injection will work but you lose the quick connection without tools usefulness.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Make sure that the fuel line is correctly attached to the bottom of the tank. I have seen a couple of leaks there where people don't seat the line properly. (and it's above the sprocket)

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have just tried turning the hose around and it is leaking form the end that conects to the throttle bodies. Looking at the room to connect a hose clamp onto the tank outlet and it would be fiddly compared to the quick release but is that worth the putting up with for the difference in price? Me thinks so and have just located some fuel line and clamps my son has spare so will try that and if its to much of a pain the a$#e will cough up for the stock replacement.

Cheers

·
38,103 Posts
Make sure the fuel line and clamps are rated for fuel injection. That line is under 43 psi pressure. Carb hose and worm drive clamps may not cut it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts