StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brought out the wee and wanted to warm it up some as I have not been on it in about 2 months (Rotator cuff). I have a gas leak about 20 DPM (Minimum) on front cylinder, looks like its towards the back of the front TB. I could not trace the exact source, but its either coming from an orange plug in the back of the TBI, or somthing above that, its not on the body, but would imagine it on the supply line fitting or something like that.. I have not dissasmbled anything and am familiar with the tank quick release issue, but let me reinterate its not near that location...any ideas? Is that the gasline area for the front line?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
There is a piece of rubber fuel line approx 3 inches in length that runs between the front and rear throttle body. The factory hose clamps do not do a very good job, so when the bike is parked for a while and the rubber hose shrinks a little, you will get some fuel dripping. This usually goes away after the bike warms up.

You will need to replace the two clamps with new ones intended for high pressure fuel injection systems. There are several threads here that discuss this in greater detail.

Mike Brown
Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I supected something evaporated and shrunk, I need to service the airfilter before spring so will fix while I am there, thanks again guys.
Tol

·
Registered
541 Posts
This advice is right on the money. Read all the way through the thread from GW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fixed!

Hey all, just wanted to add my thanks to this great site for the advice and help with various issues. I too just discovered this exactly same mysterious leak about a week ago but thanks to you guys I was able to quickly identify and address this issue. My wife and I tackled this job yesterday and it took us just 40 minutes to have it all fixed and buttoned back up thanks to your help. :hurray::hurray::hurray:

Cheers!

Daz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts