StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently the fuel line where it attaches to the tank came of. I have no idea what made it come of as it had been a good couple of hundred Klm since I last had the tank off.

The story goes - I left work and the bike felt sluggish, but was still going. I then felt a bucket loads of liquid hit my leg and roll into my workboot (right side!). I then smelt burning petrol and saw smoke billowing out from the engine area.

I stopped, removed the plastics and seat and found the offending connector. I found it to be loose on the connection to the tank, and was able to simply plug it back in. I was then back on my way home with a boot full of petrol.

I have a few questions:
a. Has anyone else had this happen.
b. Was it an error on my part when I reattached it, if so how come it lasted several hundred Klm, some over rough dirt roads.
c. Will the spilt petrol effect any of the plastics, especially the chain.

Another question, the rear brakes on my 2010 wee are very spongy, and i almost have to jump on them to get a result. What will improve this. Thinking of SS braided lines???.

Cheers

Reyno.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
a. Has anyone else had this happen.
Not quite that way.

b. Was it an error on my part when I reattached it,
Probably. I've done it. (Though not on this bike.)

b-2. if so how come it lasted several hundred Klm, some over rough dirt roads.
Lucky?

c. Will the spilt petrol effect any of the plastics, especially the chain.
No. Re-lube the chain, of course. The clearcoat is pretty tough.

Another question, the rear brakes on my 2010 wee are very spongy, and i almost have to jump on them to get a result. What will improve this.
Use the front brake. :biggrinjester:

Seriously.

And, of course, perform all scheduled maintenance, particularly (in this case) changing brake fluid.

I'm glad no serious consequences resulted. Spewing gasoline on hot exhaust parts can end badly. :yikes:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
[...]
Another question, the rear brakes on my 2010 wee are very spongy, and i almost have to jump on them to get a result. What will improve this. Thinking of SS braided lines???.
[...]
I doubt ss lines would solve your problem.

Maybe you should instead be more careful about not spraying stuff onto your brake when you lube your chain.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts