StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I'm rob from the philippines. I bought a new dl650k5 a year ago.

The fuel from my tank doesnt stop flowing when i remove the fuel hose from the tank .I know it should not be this way. Other than this the bike seems to be working pefectly and ive ridden more than 10,000 trouble free kilometers already.

Is there a remedy for this other than buying a new pump? Is it ok for me to keep using the bike as it is ?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...DL650_V-STROM/GroupID/270455/Group/FUEL_PUMP# shows an O-ring #7 that could cause fuel to leak into the delivery pipe. That should also cause a problem with pump pressure though. You can check it to see. Otherwise, I think it's more likely an internal pump problem and that does not have parts available. I would do something about it as it is dangerous to remove the tank and you are near the point where the air filter needs to be checked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick reply greywolf. For safety reasons i would like the pump replaced. The dangerous part has already happened to me when several liters of gas leaked out during a short ride after i had removed the tank to check my air filter. I had not pushed the hose in far enough for it to click and lock onto the pump assembly's metal tube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts