StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 Vstrom with 43Kmiles has had an intermittant issue for nearly a year. My dealer today repalced the spark plug caps and broke every connecter (that they could get to) cleaned them and used dia-electric paste when reasembling. Now the Fuel Injection light comes on with no faults showing. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have you set the bike in dealer mode to retrieve the error codes? The fact the FI light comes indicates the ECM has stored a fault code.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I picked up the bike, the mechenic said that there were no faults on the dealer mode ye tthe light comes on after after 30 second (or so) after the bike is started. I do not notice any difference in how it runs... just the red FI light is on and the odometer flashes FI.

N

·
0 Posts
Definitely time to take it back and demand a Power Commander III for hardship and so that this ridiculous error doesn't occur again. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jay at Greens Kawasaki and Suzuki was very good to me. They really worked hard in finding the true problem and did not charge me anything for doing so.
I must send my recommendations :!:

All is well that ends well............................

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To the best of my knowledge, there was some sort of sync problem in the secondary butterflys. Something about a mismatched feed back error and to clear the issue, there was a long flow chart of things to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts