StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
6,148 Posts
Alternatively, the float is not moving its full range. I fixed mine with a couple of tankful's of injector cleaner added.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
My 04 mostly forgets the top bar. No problem. When the next bar disappears I know it's down to half. The next couple are not logarithmic and come and go quickly. The last bar when the low indication appears is extremely conservative. I ridden 40-50 miles and still had over a gallon left in the tank when I filled up. I reset the trip mile indicator on fill ups so I know I have a full tank to start.
Carry a gallon and ride until it coughs. Then you will know what it can actually can do.
I know some will cry about ruining the pump running low. But you will have you spare gas and can save the day. Repeated running empty may be damaging.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just filled up mine today. Before filling I had two bars missing on the gauge, so it means 2/3 of the tank was full (as it has 6 bars). The tank took 10 liters. I have already noticed that bars were never correct but remaining km's to empty were. So, mine shows more fuel in the tank then it should.
The latest model DL1000, purchased September 2017.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
V2 2014: My distance to empty is the only thing (other than re-setting the mileage counter at fill up - if I don't forget) I go by. I know I am out of fuel at -12 miles. So if the remaining distance gets close to zero, you are out of fuel!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All, I have noticed that the fuel gauge inaccuracy has corrected itself and is now showing all the bars when the tank is full!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts