StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st. My Bike run's great! But, I like to stay on top of maintance.
DL-650 2007
Is there a suggested maintance schedual for a fuel filter?
I found the LOW pressure filter/strainer on the fuel pump.
I see there is also a HIGH pressure filter on the fuel pump.
The bikes working great. I just want it to keep working that way. The very LAST thing I want is to starve a electric fuel pump and cause a failure.
Bike has 41K trouble free miles.
Thanks in advance!
James1300

· Registered
3,861 Posts
What sort of bike is it?

There's an external fuel filter mod that's easy to do on the DL1000, but so far I don't think it's been done on a DL650.

If you're talking about your Tohatsu Runpet, I dunno...

· Registered
64 Posts
What sort of bike is it?

There's an external fuel filter mod that's easy to do on the DL1000, but so far I don't think it's been done on a DL650.

If you're talking about your Tohatsu Runpet, I dunno...
It can be done on all non-ABS models (650 and 1K) as they have the same fuel pump.

ABS models have a low pressure filter that gets really dark and ugly after a while, and can get clogged and starve your engine, depending on the quality of fuel in your area.
First hint is you start hearing your pump whine louder and at a higher pitch. Later the engine can't rev up too high.
Personally I change mine every 25-30k km but then again, the fuel here is not exactly the best in the world...

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
It's about the year rather than ABS. The fuel pump on the 650 changed in 2007, the same year ABS came out. The external fuel filter modification can be done on all DL1000s and 2004-2006 DL650s. External Fuel Filter modification

· Premium Member
1,516 Posts
James,
I don't think that there's really any maintenance involved, the best thing that you can do is put good gas in it.

I am in your area, if you decide to do the filter bypass, let me know. I'd like to be involved, I have an '03 that may need the mod someday.

I work for the guy that you rode his wrecked FZ1 home for...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.