StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mrs has a 2011 wee with a few add on bits (crash bars, sump guard, madstad, OEM hand guards) and about 1800kms on the clock so far.

A few weekends ago I did a bit of a tune up to get things running good. Things I did were
. 2nd fly plate adjustment - I used the healtech OBD tool to force and hold the 2nd flys shut at zeroish. Seamed to work well and easy to get things done
. TB sync - I installed extension tubes when doing this, makes life easier for next time. While I was there I also installed a link hose between the 2 IAP sensors so it's easy to remove if it makes the running of the bike crap.
. TPS adjsutment - I used the healtech OBD tool to set it to 27.9* instead of the common C00- method. I'm doing a experiment with this method to see if there is any difference between it and the other.

My mrs took it for a spin to a doctors appt and I've been riding it a couple of days to work but that's it since the work was done. We have both not noticed any poor running, in fact I think it runs a bit better than it did before
Today at ~250kms (248.9kms to be exact) and no movement of the fuel gauge I was a little concerned the float may have got stuck so thought I'd better fill it up to be on the safe side as I have a 200km round trip tomorrow and would rather not have to fill up while out and I'll check the float on the weekend.
Interesting news is that I only put in ~9 litres of petrol (8.7 to be exact) which gives me a fuel usage of 3.5liters per 100kms. That is Ken Outstanding in my book considering it's no slouch for a 650. About double (or is that half) of what my Vee is currently getting.

I haven't pulled a plug yet to see how it's running and will be doing this on the weekend. Hopefully it's all good news.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That is incredible mileage.

By my estimates that is about:
67 miles per U.S. gallon or approx:
81 miles per imperial gallon.

Compared to my own 50 - 52 mpg (U.S.) that is off the charts. And higher than anybody else I know is getting.

Banks

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I would do a few tanks and take an average. On one occasion I calculated that I got 70 mpg - I rode 210 miles and added 3 gallons to top off the tank, but there's room for error. My Aprilia gives me a constant read out of my MPG every 3 seconds, it's amazing how a slight incline, headwind, stop and go traffic, or even light acceleration affects your gas mileage.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My car has one of those readouts too. I find it optimistic at best. It typically reads about 10% high compared to my paper-n-pen calcs. The instantaneous also goes to infinity when I stop at a stoplight. (And I suspect that's the problem; it doesn't count when the car is stopped.)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was understandable extatic when I did the sums but like many am thinking it could well be a one off. Previous tanks have shown ~180kms for the first bar to disappear.
Maybe it is a one off but maybe it isn't as my wife has done most of the kms on this tank and she consistently gets way better economy than me on our bikes (oddly I do better in the car)
I'll see how it goes with just me on it over the next couple of days as it my wheels for the rest of the week.

Here's hoping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts