StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I fill up I'm only getting 4 bars showing. I fill the tank right up to the bottom of the fill hole. I had 5 bars at the beginning of the season. Any ideas, Thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It's not uncommon. The gauge gets its information from the resistance of the variable resistor in the sender. Added resistance in any connection along the way affects the gauge reading, including the connections inside the fuel tank.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've only had that happen once but after ridding for a bit (less than a mile I suspect) it went up to the full 5 bars. The next fill up it immediately went to the full five bars. I'll keep an eye on it.............

·
Registered
188 Posts
Again, pay no attention. Its perfectly normal.

I like to keep an eye on how much fuel it takes to fill up when the warning lights start going off. I have noticed that this varies a bit also. I trust the trip more than the fuel gauge, but you have to take into account how you have been riding and the other conditions. I am sure it is possible to run out of gas at just over 200 miles riding at 75mph into a headwind fully loaded, but normally I would be able to squeeze 300 miles out of a tank in town.

·
Registered
126 Posts

but normally I would be able to squeeze 300 miles out of a tank in town.
Wow... that's 482 kms per tank (22 liters). I just bought my Wee and am working on the second "full" tank of gas. I was wondering why the odometer is showing 280 kms with 3 bars left! :hurray:

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Maybe for you...
When I stop for gas within a mile or 2 of dropping a bar, I can tell +/- 1 tenth how much gas it'll take, even when the ground is not completely level. I'd say that's very consistant.

I stay straddled the bike with it standing straight up and fill to the same point, ~1 inch from the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts