StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the tool for removing your front wheel, 19mm hex or special tool? Is it necessary?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The DL1000 is 19mm and the 650 needs a 12mm. Some folks use a bolt of the proper head size and a couple of jam nuts.

A

·
0 Posts
The crap steel in the toolkit will not deal with it. I too recommend the bolt and jamnut methods.

K

·
0 Posts
A 5/8" spark plug socket just happens to have a hex on the top side close to 19mm. On some of them you can insert an extension backwards through the socket and use it as an axel key. This tip saved my butt in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I checked my tool kit it doesn't seem to have anything to remove the front wheel, whats up with that, I guess my tire is supposed to last forever. I made one out of a bolt with a 19 mm head.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rear wheel Removal tool

This forum just answered 1/2 of my doubt... now; can anyone tell me the size for the rear wheel tool for the Vee 1000? 8)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Rear wheel Removal tool

bycharlie said:
This forum just answered 1/2 of my doubt... now; can anyone tell me the size for the rear wheel tool for the Vee 1000? 8)
you'll need a 24mm key..

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Re: Rear wheel Removal tool

bycharlie said:
your toolkit will have a 24mm wrench and an extension handle. that's what i use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts