StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a having a problem with the front wheel of my '05 DL1000. In first gear, at around ~4000rpm, the front wheel KEEPS COMING OFF THE GROUND. I have also experienced this problem occasionally in 2nd gear. It seems to happens more each time I ride the bike!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
6k and second gear reduces front tire wear as well.

N

·
0 Posts
Ah, now that is a problem I can fix.. Just move to Albuquerque where the altitude robs like 15% of your horsepower :x

But, with the PCIII and the open exhausts I can almost simulate sea level. Maybe I will drop a tooth on the front sprocket.. shouldn't hurt that monster O/D 6th much :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ND, sorry to hear about your altitude problem. Love my PCIII; but open exhausts? You'd fit right in with the "loud pipes save lives" Harley Davidson crew here in Southern Maryland. And you're right about that O/D, it's perty tall...

Rick
<><

N

·
0 Posts
Nah, I don't buy into the loud pipes save lives thing, but a well tuned open exhaust makes Horsies!

We supposedly.. have one of the most restrictive noise laws here in the country, but from the sound of all of the Harley's I hear it is rarely enforced. Another one of those I can get ya if I want to laws...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts