StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a front stand i currently have the rear Pitbull stand,i can either get one that lifts from the steering stem or from the forks anyone have a opinion or suggestion,also where's a good place online to get one?TIA.

·
Registered
597 Posts
If you get one that lifts from the steering stem, then you can adjust your forks and replace fork seals. If you get one that lifts from the bottom of the forks then all you can do is remove the wheel.

I have a fork stand and it is nice but doesnt do everthing

I'd go for steering stand stand if I were you.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
90 Posts
The vstrom seems taller than a sports bike front end. So I was wondering if the stands where tall enough to lift the vstroms.

The specific lift I'm condering is Dynamic Moto Power S-Spec Head Lift Stand
that can be found here:
http://www.tireexpress.com/category.cfm?Category=525

If anyone knows how this works with a DL650, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Also if anyone knows of a head lift for a better price, I'd like to hear about that too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
front stand

I've got the Pitbull front and rear stands. I highly recommend them. The front stand can be used to raise the bike by the bottom of the forks, or with the attachment and pin to raise the bike by the lower triple clamp (if you buy it with the attachment, it can do either).

One caveat: Pitbull's website shows the 8T pin for the V-Strom. If your V-Strom front end is lowered (fork tubes raised in the triple clamps), the 8T is just slightly too long (T is for Tall). You will need the regular #8 pin, used on top of the pin retaining bolt (as described in the instructions for the top stand).

I purchased these stands a few years ago for my race bike at the repeated recommendations of both my racing mentor and racing instructor. They are incredibly stable, which is priceless when yanking on large bolts, removing wheels, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will Pit Bull pin-type stand compartible with break hose and wiring under tripple tre

Will Pit Bull's front pin-type stand compartible with break hose and wiring under tripple tree? Should I just move the hose and wiring to the left/right when I install a stand?
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts