StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, got new sprockets and the front is a lot thinner than the OEM one, which has a spcer atached to either sude. Whats up with that? should there have been a spacer delivered with the new sprocket? thanks, in the garage right now:headbang:

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Somebody forgot to charge you extra $$$

So, got new sprockets and the front is a lot thinner than the OEM one, which has a spcer atached to either sude. Whats up with that? should there have been a spacer delivered with the new sprocket? thanks, in the garage right now:headbang:
That is probably ballast, to slow your Vee to the speeds of a Wee.
You may have noticed you also carry a redundant muffler,
unless you have discarded that useless anchor by now.

I think my Wee-Strom's original front sprocket was extra thick,
but I have installed three sets of sprockets since, and
each of the replacements lacked extra thickness.

Good luck.
Keith

·
Registered
22,321 Posts

520 instead of 525 ?

oem sprockets have a rubber dampener ring on each side they quiet the chain down a bit, most aftermarket sprockets doent have them but otherwise the sprockets are the same dimension

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry bout that..........I must have been confused.....Oh and you wee riders,,,,your a tough bunch:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry bout that..........I must have been confused.....Oh and you wee riders,,,,your a tough bunch:mrgreen:
You aren't kidding about tough! My Son is taking his Wee from Maine to CO to spend the summer with his GF. He left Maine on Thursday and would probably be there by now except for the (only) 400 mile day with me on Day 1. He did 9 hours yesterday and 11 today. SHEESH. To be young and in love :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Of course Wee riders are tough. We learn to do more with less.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The new sprocket will fit and work, but you'll be missing the damper that is built into the factory part. I had the same headbang on my first chain/sprocket replacement. I went back to the OEM front sprocket on the current chain, and also went back to the 525 chain size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts