StromTrooper banner

Front Rotor Replacement / What Rotor?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pdxVstrom 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, my Strom has 27K+ and I am now feeling some "pulsing" in the front brake. I am running the SV racing bracket w/ GSXR 4 pot calipers/ steel lines, and I did not replace the rotors when I made the brake update, they are stock. Rotors look to run from $40 to $200 bucks. I like good brakes, I'm fortunate to be able to afford the more expensive, but I also like money in my pocket.....so is the performance or "feel" worth the extra $$'s or not?

#2 ·
I like my chinese rotors off ebay

I like my Chinese rotors off Ebay. They look first class and work fine so far.

I even installed the included Kevlar front pads because my Galfers were squeaking. I like the Kevlar better - less aggressive, more graduated braking is easier to achieve.

#3 ·
Another vote for the Chinese rotors. The only downside with wave rotors (not just Chinese ones) is - don't use hard sintered metal pads like EBC HH, they'll eat the rotors. With moderate pads they give more braking anyway.
I didn't bother with 4 pot calipers etc, the rotors are more than enough, they have the advantage for me that they clear dirt quickly - no more fingernail on blackboard sounds after riding dirt.

And don't cheap out, if you replace the rotors, put new pads on at the same time.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.