StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 12 vee and looking for some creative way to protect the front fork lower section from nicks and dings...every bike I've ever had has gotten damage over time and miles....any cool, easy and cheap way to cover them?...not talking "gators" BTW....heat some formica to shape and glue it?.....some of the new cool looking duct tape?....really thin lexan?....some the new shrinky "wrap" stuff?...anyone?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have heard of some spraying Plasti-Dip on as a coating that is removable, and you can redo it if it looks bad after while.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
I just used some of the 3M paint protection film. It's now been in place for several years and seems to work just fine,

·
Administrator
17,373 Posts
Bedliner is a beautiful and very tough thing.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just use a can of flat black enamel whenever I have the front wheel off.... $2.95 lasts for years :thumbup:

·
Registered
714 Posts
3M vinyl number plate background works great. You can buy a couple of sheets in a pack from your local dirt bike dealership for around $20 in whatever color you prefer. I chose black to match my bike. I then used heavy card stock paper to make templates and traced them onto the vinyl before cutting them out. Wrapped the lower forks as you describe, as well as the sides of the bikes frame and also the top of the upper fork tree. Looks really trick, protects from scratches, and people ask all the time where I bought them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts