StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forward leading edge of my front fender has scratches about 3" long but not cracked. The scraps are more surface than deep scratches. Would it be cheaper just replacing w/ a new fender that costs $130 or have a body shop just sand it down and repaint it? Any of ya'll run into an incident like this?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi Austin03,

Yep. The PO of my K2 dropped it, leaving scratches on the leading edge of the front
fender just as you describe. Just didn't look right when I bought it a year ago.

I bought a polisher wheel for my 1/4" drill and a stick of Tripoli buffing compound
from the ACE hardware. It can really take off the plastic if you're not careful. I
removed most of the scratches leaving a very smooth surface. Finished up with
"Mother's Back to Black Vinyl/Plastic Restorer". Cheap, and worked out pretty well.
I've been using the "Mother's B to B" on all the black vinyl and plastic ever since.

In fact, I haven't noticed or remembered the scratches until I read your post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hate to 'chip in' here, both because I'm a nOOb here and also because I have not tested this, but I saw somewhere recently that the poster used black shoe polish and worked great. Apparently just below the top black the colour is much lighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts