StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I purchased my 06 dl650 a week ago and I’ve been installing some after market items on the bike. I had no problem installing sw-motech crash bars and skid plate. I also purchased a fenda extenda to install, but I can't figure out how to remove the front fender with out scratching it.

First I tried to remove the fender with the front wheel still attached- with no success. Then I removed the front wheel and tried lowering the fender to where the forks are wider. Ultimately I lost patience and ended up scratching the fender pulling it out . :(

So can any of you shed some light on this? I am sure that there is an easy way to remove the fender but my pea brain can't figure it out :oops:
-Bill

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sous,

You don't need to remove the fender to install the FendaExtender. I manged to mount mine using the double sided tape and added four small bolts/lock nuts for extra security while on the bike.

In answer to the question, there are two ways: force it like you did and possibly get a few scratches, or remove the wheel and drop one of the shocks to get lots of clearance.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tinman - thanks for the info. I have never had a bike that required a fork removal to get the fender off. I ended up ordering a new fender ($107) for the bike because I sratched up the original one pretty good.. I'll install it when I upgrade the fork springs.

-Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts