StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought that peak for my 2012 dl650 looking for installation thread or installation instructions please and thank you.

I tried google but can not find anything !!! Newbie looking for help

·
Vendor
4,932 Posts
The instructions on Ali-express say - "Drilling required for install."

Sounds like you hold it in place drill some holes and use the supplied push pins. I assume there are some pre-drilled holes in the beak right? Match the drill bit to the pre-drilled holes, put in place, an drill away.

I just saw that this is also available on Ebay. Might ask the seller for instructions.

If you are not familiar with push pins search "push pins" in the search ox at the middle top of the page or watch this:

·
Registered
284 Posts
@oldjeep, no need to be derisive just because YOU don't care for the beak. Everyone's tastes are different. How 'bout you find a nice Harley-bashing thread to join?

For the OP, I'd seen that particular beak on Evilbay and also noticed, "Made In China". The installation does not sound the same as OEM, so the various beak-installation threads you may find here are probably not the same. Personally, I would've chosen the OEM parts, the price is about the same either at Partzilla, Revzilla, etc. Good luck though!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think you need to drill but remove the flat piece of plastic below the cowl then replace (at least that's my understanding from reports I've read). I think I've read it is quite easy to break the plastic in between the headlights so be careful and good luck (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts