StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stock counter sprocket size that comes on the new 2010 650 v-strom?

Thanks for you help.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
What is the stock counter sprocket size that comes on the new 2010 650 v-strom?

Thanks for you help.
15 teeth for all years. I imagine you meant 2012 since 2010 is not new and Suzuki did not sent 2010s to the USA.

·
Registered
86 Posts
be carefull and have a good look around the front sprocket because it has all changed on the 2012 . the speedo drive is now electronic and the pick-up for it is "on the end of the front sprocket shaft " in front of the sprocket and i can tell you its very difficult to get off . after trying to undo the allen scew that holds it all in place i gave up [ i think its locktighted in ] for fear of doing [ expensive ] damage ...so i got a smaller back sprocket 44 teeth [ 47t std ] " however " when i fitter the 44t rear found that the the chain adjuster wouldnt take up all the slack chain so ended up taking 1 link out of the chain ... its all back together now running well with this gearing ... at 5,000rpm its doing 70mph [ a true 70mph checked with gps ] as opposed to 75mph at 5,000rpm on the clock with the std gearing so the speedo is now accurate . it also runs a lot smoother on motorways. have not checked the difference in fuel economy but will let you know if theres any inprovments ...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!

Thanks for the insight. I am curious how the new rear sprocket size works for you. Please post your findings.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yea mrpete64 i,ll keep you updated on how it goes ...i can tell you already that if you take a pillion regular i would stay with the std gearing as i find with my wife on its not as responsive but make up for this by revving a bit higher . but i dont take her out very often and will tell you what its like on my own .

·
Registered
86 Posts
to update you on my 2012 wee with 44 tooth rear sprocket on.. [47 std ].. i went out today solo. dry sunny no wind, filled tank to the brim and set off to a bikers cafe up the motorway, however the traffic was terrible [ this is the uk after all ? ] and i couldnt do more than 50-60 mph going and coming back , so when i got home filled the tank back to the brim again then worked it out ....it did "86" mpg [ uk not usa ] & this was with my gps on not going by the clocks. so the 44t rear really works...my next test is to see what mpg its doing at 70mph .....

·
Registered
91 Posts
rear sprocket- link removal

Just wondering , Did you purchase a master link and install it after removing the single link?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts