StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, none of the places I go have the parts listing for this bike so I am having difficulty in finding front brakes for it. I have contacted Revzilla and partzilla and the people there didn't have any info on the bike and said to just go to a dealer. Seems like if you didn't buy a gixxer you are out of luck on parts

They don't need done yet, but are wearing and want to have a replacement set on hand for when it is time. I went with EBC on my last bikes, but their brakes were horrible and it made them better. I may stick with OEM on this one. Braking is great in comparison.

What are you folks running on your bike after the first ones are gone? Care to share any sites that you have been using for parts for this bike? I found a part number of
59100-31820-000 but it is from a european site and don't see anything saying that it is the same as US models.

Any parts numbers would be great. I managed to find Oil filters on e-bay

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the EBC brakes. They did their job well. I had them on my last 2 cruisers and I just didn't see needing them if the OEMs were so good. I did see that site linked from another post on something else and I wasn't sure that the US had the same calipers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the EBC brakes. They did their job well. I had them on my last 2 cruisers and I just didn't see needing them if the OEMs were so good. I did see that site linked from another post on something else and I wasn't sure that the US had the same calipers.
Hi, OK, I don't know if the NA models have different brakes on the current or previous models, maybe quiz a dealer about the part no's on the site and see if they don't show for either model in NA.

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
I have the 2018 1000 and changed out my pads for EBC HH early on. They have better feel, less grabby and seem to have more longevity. My 2005 650 was changed at 2K and still were going strong at 122K. Difference after install was more on the 650, but both were an improvement. Do-It, You'll not regret.

Reactions: woogiedaddy

·
Registered
749 Posts
Front pads
2014-19 1000
2020up 1050
EBC FA379HH
SBS 806 HS
DP SDP947HH
Galfer FD325G1370
Vesrah VD355JL