StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front brakes become soft after a few miles I have to bleed my front brakes and I'm good for a few miles again the bike isn't leaking any fluid but I'm getting lots of air in the system "mostly left caliper" any idea where to look? Warranty is up in May but can't find the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,377 Posts
If you are continually bleeding them and getting bubbles out, but not loosing fluid, there must be an air lock in there somewhere.

1. Try removing the reservoir top and pumping and then tying the lever back to the bar overnight with a zip tie or similar. This opens the master cylinder and air bubbles might float up into the master cylinder.
2. Use a syringe to push fluid in from the nipple "up" the system. Lots of rags required around and underneath the master cylinder.
3. Buy and fit stainless steel braided brake lines.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My front brakes become soft after a few miles I have to bleed my front brakes and I'm good for a few miles again the bike isn't leaking any fluid but I'm getting lots of air in the system "mostly left caliper" any idea where to look? Warranty is up in May but can't find the cause
I went through the same thing on my SV650 right after I bought it (used). It would last for a couple of hours before the rear went soft. In the end it was a faulty bleeder valve. Life's short / replace them both.

Reactions: cyclopathic
1 - 4 of 4 Posts