StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 Wee 17K. Fluid changed when purchased used almost 2 years ago, not leaking, fluid currently clean, pads still good

Front brake doesn't grab smooth, almost clunky, shudder, hesitant. Like a hard spot, Not all the time though.

Something binding? I guess the solution is to drain the fluid and take everything apart to clean and lubricate, before I do that, I found the following in another thread

"Is this front brakes only? If it is, I bet its the end of the brake lever, where it pushes on the master cylinder. That spot is dry, and it is chattering as you squeeze the lever, resulting in the exact non-linear brake feel you are describing"

What does that mean, the spot is dry, how can that be fixed? I have an after market , not OEM lever, due to a, ahem, .. minor controlled get off, actually twice, last one, driver behind me didn't want to stop for the red light, almost ran over the bike, luckily is was standing off to the side.....

Anyway, I suspected the problem is at the lever end but not sure what to do to confirm that and again, what the solution is to the above comment

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
First get some brake clean and paper towels and clean the rotors and buttons

If this alone doesn't fix it disassembled the brake caliper rods that allow the brake to move together. Make sure it is clean and all moves smoothly

Now take a slow breath a few times and type slowly checking your sentences for clarity and relevance

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
First get some brake clean and paper towels and clean the rotors and buttons

If this alone doesn't fix it disassembled the brake caliper rods that allow the brake to move together. Make sure it is clean and all moves smoothly

Now take a slow breath a few times and type slowly checking your sentences for clarity and relevance
:confused: Pot Kettle Black

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The quoted material did it for me. What does "buttons" mean? Three sentences out of four don't have periods. Disassembled is the wrong tense and should have a comma before it. I normally leave bad construction alone but the subject of the post didn't allow me the luxury.
I don't know who uses English as a second language here or who may be dyslexic so I prefer to tread lightly but sometimes I lose it. There are a few people and one duck here who can try my patience. When somebody claims expertise and doesn't demonstrate any or preaches what they don't practice, they push my........
Oh! I've come full circle in this post. I just hope Kiwi doesn't slap my off topic wrist.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
{Now take a slow breath a few times and type slowly checking your sentences for clarity and relevance}

As soon as I clean all the buttons....???

As for the other post, couldn't find this one so I re-posted, that I am guilty of

For the powers that be, please erase this post, no longer needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts