Strom Trooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a tour that I am planning for this summer I am at Badlands National Park. My final destination is DC. I am considering two options. I am trying to avoid densely populated areas.

A. From Badlands NP ride E to Manitowok on the W shore of Lake Michigan, cross by ferry, tour Michigan coast to Sarnia at southern tip of Lake Huron. Enter Canada going E to Niagara Falls, enter US and then go SE to DC.

B. From Badlands NP ride NE to Duluth MN, then either along the S coast of Lake Superior (US) or along the N coast of Lake Superior (Canada), then enter the US crossing the St Lawrence River just E of Lake Ontario, then SE to DC.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd consider going south through the hills along the Ohio river and spend some time in the Appalachians in West Virginia or Pennsylvania. Just two cents, but you'll find many more twisties coming that way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Skipper. But that is more or less the route I am planning to take on my way to the West coast, going W from DC across the USA to the Pacific Coast. Ending just North of LA and then going N to the Canadian border and then back E. But I appreciate the feedback. Should I avoid the Lakes altogether? This is a big decision. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Go north over top of the lakes, come into New York at Buffalo, the ride over the lakes in Canada is beautiful. Then you can ride south through PA WV DC or wherver you want. Anything around Chicago or Detroit is a Charlie Foxtrot on a bike.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There's a current thread called Ontario Roads. You may get some insight and advice there for interesting routes up north.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW that thread is a great resource! I think I'm going to go that way, N of the lakes and then the Ontario Roads. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts