StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone from the area that's interested, a group of us are heading out Friday morning on a ride to Bridgetown in the Annapolis Valley in support of a request by the husband of Dual Sport Rider Shirley Plourde who was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident. Her funeral is Friday afternoon so we will be joining the procession to "honor Shirley with some biker thunder" We will be leaving the Tim Hortons On Cobequid at Glendale by 10.

Nova Scotia rider down - ADVrider

Woman killed in motorcycle crash - News - The Spectator

Jeff

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I can't attend, a long ride and my health won't allow it. I will be with them on this ride in spirit though. Followed the link to ADV Rider and left sympathies to her husband. Saddens me to hear of this. My wife and I know that this can happen to any of us at any time but it is still a blow to hear of this happening.

Ride safe my friends.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't be there, I'll ride with my passenger pegs down Friday. RIP
We all did, what a great tribute gesture.

The day was fantastic, sadly for such a terrible tragedy. Shirley Plourde was, by all accounts, a pretty amazing woman and paired up with her husband, Fred, I'm sure they we're almost unstoppable. The turnout by the local riding community was simply amazing. They came from both ends of the province with probably less than half having ever actually met Shirley. All aspects of the community were covered with a huge number of amazing bikes of every type and size. Stromtroopers and patch wearing low riders stood side by side and raised a toast to the woman led so stoically by her husband. It was a truly emotional event. I can see a yearly memorial ride rising from this and rest assured, I'll be there.

Take a few moments and check out the slideshow of the event. A big shout-out to my buddy Kelsow for putting it together.

Shirley Plourde's final ride.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
We all did, what a great tribute gesture.

The day was fantastic, sadly for such a terrible tragedy. Shirley Plourde was, by all accounts, a pretty amazing woman and paired up with her husband, Fred, I'm sure they we're almost unstoppable. The turnout by the local riding community was simply amazing. They came from both ends of the province with probably less than half having ever actually met Shirley. All aspects of the community were covered with a huge number of amazing bikes of every type and size. Stromtroopers and patch wearing low riders stood side by side and raised a toast to the woman led so stoically by her husband. It was a truly emotional event. I can see a yearly memorial ride rising from this and rest assured, I'll be there.

Take a few moments and check out the slideshow of the event. A big shout-out to my buddy Kelsow for putting it together.

Shirley Plourde's final ride.
Thank you for the pics Fyrman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts