StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
They allow non-Strom owners? Ugh! No thanks. ;)

I have several riding friends who are keen to go and keep urging me. But, actually, I have the same reaction to crowds as does The Shepherd.

I certainly wouldn't mind meeting up with Strom-troopers up north (I live downtown TO). You guys get together sometimes? Could go for run to, oh, Port Hope or somewhere along Hwy. 2. I like that road (but only driven on it). Anyway, back to Port Dover . . . sorry.

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a big crowd guy myself, but I like to try different things and do different experiences. I have never experienced Friday the 13th at Port Dover so I thought I should do it at least once in my life.

..Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dover

You should go..... Make sure you bring a little dough for the pulled pork sandwiches... they usually set up down by the Tim Horton's. It's the cruiser crowd, for sure, but there's something pretty cool about 10,000 bikes all in the same place at the same time.

See you there... I'll be the Silver K3 parked "hiding" between my buddies cruisers....

Koob

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Yup, I'm going

Do any of you want to head down to Port Dover on Friday 13th this July?
..Tom
I'll be there, but I'm working in Toronto that day and not sure what time I'll be able to get away.

There's going to be A LOT of people in Dover this time!

-Peter in Niagara Falls

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Agree evryone should make Port Dover on Friday the 13th at least ONCE. I actually met Peter Beens on Friday the 13th in January of 06 :p

You should go..... Make sure you bring a little dough for the pulled pork sandwiches... they usually set up down by the Tim Horton's. It's the cruiser crowd, for sure, but there's something pretty cool about 10,000 bikes all in the same place at the same time.

See you there... I'll be the Silver K3 parked "hiding" between my buddies cruisers....

Koob

·
Registered
278 Posts
i'll be there. going with a group of 3 to 10, depending on moods. thanks for the pulled pork advice. i'll pass it on. any other hints? it's my first.
thanks
mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's a place on the main drag that has nice frosty beer, but it's usually packed, and Hey! You're on a bike anyhow. Don't plan on doing anything else that day, it takes up to an hour or more to get in, and sometimes the same to get out (The OPP is bustin' their asses that day, I tell ya), and plan on a half hour wait or more for ANYTHING in town (Like the Tim Hortons)

Oh yeah, and if you ever wanted to buy anything black and leather, you're in the RIGHT place..... There's a huge swapmeet type thing going on in the park area.

Koob

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... They sell these cool little Port Dover "patches" that you'll see some guys wearing (some guys will have 20 or more) with the date on it. I don't collect them every time, but I do have my first dover one from 03 I think, and it's a pretty cool keepsake. They're 5 bucks.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dover

Hmmm, haven't been to Port Dover since 1982, got a helluva sunburn but had an excellent ride on my Seca 650. Mabey I can talk my two stepsons into going as they've never been to a big bike bash. They're both squidly sport bike types with massive testosterone poisoning, should be right their alley.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Its fun to go once or twice. Take lots of water with you as well. It takes a good bit of time to get into town to park you bike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'll be goin. Got the day off work so i may as well. Been once befor but basically rode through grabed lunch and off i went. This time i gona see what shes about and have some fun.

Be the first time their with the Strom though last time i went i was on a cruiser (it fit in better LOL).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its fun to go once or twice. Take lots of water with you as well. It takes a good bit of time to get into town to park you bike.
That's an understatement.... I spend two hours in the rain lined up with a couple thousand other bikes to get in one year.... and an hour to get out! If it's a nice July day, the attendance could be off the chart, 'cause the last few the weather/time of year has sucked.

Koob

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Route to Port Dover may be blocked by Native Protest

I have never been to Port Dover so please let me know if the following makes sense:

A client of mine has told me to avoid going to port Dover using Hwy 6. He said there is a very strong likelihood that the natives are going to block the drawbridge as a Protest making it almost impossible to get into the festivities. He suggests that it would be much better to go there using hwy 24 as that puts you at the other side of town and lets you still get into the festivities.

..Tom

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi V-Tom:

The Hwy 24 route makes a lot of sense. I am going to suggest that to my group for sure if they are not already planning that. I took that route a couple of years ago, and it was just fine. Very little traffic.

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Throttlehound,

When are you heading down?

I am going and might head down Thursday eveing as my Brother is goign to be down there on Thursday. I could get messed up and not be able to go until Friday AM though.

..Tom

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am heading down on Friday morning, time and meeting point yet to be decided. I believe we will meet in the parking lot of Cornerstone Community Church at Hwy 27 and Nashville Road across from Kleinburg. The pastor of this church where some of the group and I attend is organizing this ride. I can let you know the details when decided if you wish. Be forewarned, there will be loud piped Harleys in this group. :)

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Throttlehound:

Please let me know what time you guys are leaving.

If I can, I am going to try and leave Thursday evening and hook up with my brother at Port Dover. I might change my mind and leave real early Friday AM, but if I sleep in I might then hook up with you.

That's assuming work doesn't mess up all my plans.

..Tom

·
Registered
139 Posts
Throttlehound:

Please let me know what time you guys are leaving.

If I can, I am going to try and leave Thursday evening and hook up with my brother at Port Dover. I might change my mind and leave real early Friday AM, but if I sleep in I might then hook up with you.

That's assuming work doesn't mess up all my plans.

..Tom
No problem Tom. We plan to leave from the above location at 9 am. If there are any last minute changes, I'll call you.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
So, how was the Dover ride?

I drove back from Ohio yesterday and all the way across the QEW, 407 and up the 400, I saw tons of cruisers heading South. Not one Strom. I guess us Strom owners are smart enough to take secondary roads and enjoy the ride.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts