StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to a tip from a user here (Thanks Juantanamera) I'll be buying an '03 engine with 25,000km on it from California AND having it installed by a lifetime Suzuki mechanic for a very good price.

After looking for engines on Ebay and going over the manual for removal/installation, I just felt that I'd rather buy the engine from someone I can trust, and installed by someone who has done it bunches of times and does it well.

So Freya will rise again. Front wheel first, of course...

Now it's bong time.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
That's great to hear.

I know I'd rather have a seasoned pro do it than some schmuck like myself.

Best of luck,

Norm

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
Doncha love it when a plan comes together? Lotsa luck and good vibes to you!
Like an organ transplant, new heart of the bike!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Good for you. I'm glad things are looking up and hope everything goes as close to plan as possible :thumbup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Awesome new Stromsister!! I'll be home next summer on mine and we'll have to meet up! (along with a few others on here !!) :hurray::hurray::hurray:
Craig

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If it came from Humboldt county Ca. it will come pre packed with Mary Jane for a mellow install

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
Oh, great, Dog...now everyone will want a Nor Cal replacement motor. The secret is out!
Don't bogart the joint my friend.
Should I bring my Hooka and a nice Reisling to savor the flavor?

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, great, Dog...now everyone will want a Nor Cal replacement motor. The secret is out!
With the correct kind of "Oil" added to the gas one can suck on the exhaust just like a great big 1000cc bong.

Not actually recommended, but possible for a short while.

:beatnik:

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome new Stromsister!! I'll be home next summer on mine and we'll have to meet up! (along with a few others on here !!) :hurray::hurray::hurray:
Craig
Princess Barbie and I want to do the Cabot Trail next summer. Perhaps we could meet up. Who knows?

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bong time indeed!
Having a pro do it is a very good idea.

Looking forward to hearing about the resurrection.

Jeff
Yep, I'll just roll the stone out from in front of the cave and she'll come roaring out!

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"What's that officer? The packing material? Oh, it's just organic pre-processed styrofoam, it's a new product. Nothing to worry about. Can I have my passport back now?"

·
Registered
393 Posts
Janice....you and the Princess are more than welcome...the spare room is always available at the Mineville Hilton for weary travelers...and the garage has anything a weary bike may need as well....we're about 30 min from Halifax and a great overnight pit stop before doing the trail...about 2.5 hrs from the CB causeway. If you really love the scenic, we are on the #7 which will run you to Antigonish on the Eastern Shore (more amazing scenery!) adds about 2 more hrs.

If you are going to ride the Cabot Trail...always plan on starting the trip from the eastern end at St. Ann's and run back to Baddeck...this keeps the view/ocean on your right for the entire trip and you aren't looking through on coming traffic...easy in and out from the look off places...much safer and much more beautiful to enjoy! My suggestion is to leave our place on #7...take the #104 on the south side of the Bras D'or Lakes and overnight in Sydney..Zip down to see Fortress Louisbourg for a day....Overnight around Louisbourg ...then back up onto the Trail, side trip up to Meat Cove if you're adventurous, lunch in Chetticamp....overnight in Baddeck and see the Alexander Graham Bell museum and then back to the mainland...

The offer stands for anyone else rolling through the area!! Pre-planning may increase chances of lobster and bonfires :thumbup:

Craig

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Engine from Tennessee?

OMG!!!

I just found out that my new engine is from Tennessee!

What kind of unholy beast will that make of Freya?

Bet her exhaust note will sound weird.

Vroom, vroom, eh?

Should arrive Friday.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,113 Posts
It will automatically stop at liquor stores advertising Jack Daniels and George Dickel. You may have to put George Jones music on your iPod.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
........But it will handle curves with ease.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
It has been running on moonshine for many years. No telling what your getting into. ;)

Sounds exciting... Open heart surgery on a motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts