StromTrooper banner
721 - 740 of 746 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Free to a good home: Pair of Warm'n'Safe Men's Ultimate Touring heated gloves, size Large. They are the older version, so no "I-Touch" touchscreen-sensitive fingertips.

They look exactly like the ones Warm'n'Safe currently has on closeout:

I am giving these away because one of them does not heat evenly, but they are still nice warm gloves for cool but not crazy-cold weather. Warm'n'Safe sent me a new set under warranty, so I wouldn't feel right selling the old ones (as well as the fact the heating function isn't 100%).

These gloves are somewhat bulky, so must go in a USPS Priority Mail Medium flat rate box. PayPal me $16.25 for postage, and they're yours.
PM on its way

·
Registered
40 Posts
Free Bar-ends. I added barkbusters and don't need the original bar ends. One screw is a bit stripped,
and the other is a little bent. It's not that generous an offer, but take if you want.

·
Premium Member
2018 V-Strom 1000
131 Posts

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,479 Posts
Yours for the cost of USPS Priority Mail Small Box shipping ($9.20): factory toolkit from my old 2007 Vstrom DL1000. PayPal preferred.
gone!

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,479 Posts

This is the pair of Warm'n'Safe Men's Ultimate Touring gloves, size Large, that I mentioned above.

I tested them today, and the left thumb doesn't heat as much as it should. They are nevertheless well-insulated, warm and sturdy gloves.

PayPal me $16.25 for USPS Priority Mail shipping, and they're yours. Comes with a Y-cable. You'll need your own heat controller.

No longer available

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is offered in the regional forum as well but I suspect that no one visits that dark corner of this site.

Free for pick up in Hillsboro OR. Sorry, I cannot ship it.

Seat kit for 2017+ Vstrom 650. It's a stock seat that I picked up to modify. I pulled the staples, removed the cover, then came to my senses and ordered a corbin seat. Seat pan, foam, and cover are all great.

View attachment 287129
Do you still have this available?

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,479 Posts
Yours for the cost of USPS Priority Mail shipping ($8.70): A set of CustomTaylor33 blue reflective rim tape. Fits a 17" motorcycle wheel, such as the rear one on our Vstroms.

To be clear, this is ONLY for the rear wheel. It's left over from a 2-wheel set. I had to replace the front wheel on my old Vee, so needed new rim tape. Wasn't possible to buy tape for just the front (19") wheel, so I got a full front/rear set. Used only the front tape, so have extra tape for the rear (17") wheel.

It's this stuff:

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
Wow.........cool tape!!! DB.........is the tape black "appearing" until a light is shown upon it, then reflects Blue???....or, is the tape Blue upon application (in other words: appearing blue in daylight time??)

Nice give on the tape........one could always leave spaces between the stripes and do two wheels........3 strips on each wheel, each side......still a good safety feature. If it was White, I would grab them (my bike is black/silver).

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,479 Posts
Wow.........cool tape!!! DB.........is the tape black "appearing" until a light is shown upon it, then reflects Blue???....or, is the tape Blue upon application (in other words: appearing blue in daylight time??)
No, it's kind of shiny and blue in daylight. It only lights up when hit with a headlight or something similar.

I think it greatly aids nighttime conspicuity, particularly from the side. This stuff really pops in the dark. It's hard to accurately convey in a photo how it looks in a real-life, nighttime situation.

Here's the red tape with no flash, just overhead lighting in my garage:

Blue tape sheet for a 17" wheel, the one I'm giving away for the cost of shipping:

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
OK, not "much", but...........
Bought a package deal of little vstrom parts, these were thrown in.......no idea what they fit??? A few almost look like "expansion anchors" for concrete work, but thinking some have to do with handlebar ends. The cylinders are probably from the front forks. Anyway......I hate to toss them........$3.00 PP Friends/Fam and I'll mail em to you (USA) and eat the remaining postage.

Font Metal Auto part Fashion accessory Wood

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
FREE grungy DL650 chainguard and a First Gen Sprocket Cover. (you could do what I did with my sprocket cover: cut out the "slotted area" so you can visually inspect the front sprocket.) Just pay shipping on either from Birmingham 35124.

Cross-posted on ADV Riders sight for FREE. If you want em, better grab em...........

Automotive exterior Tool Bumper Auto part Motor vehicle

You can see my sprocket cover in the pic below..........

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm moving away from Ann Arbor, MI and have a few Vstrom accessories I'd just as soon not move. Sorry, local pick-up only here in Ann Arbor -- I don't have bandwidth to deal with shipping these items.

Givi RP 3101 Skid plate. Costs $171 new. This isn't new but is in perfect condition, although it shows a few scrapes on the bottom. I tried the Givi instead of the stock oil filter protector and wound up eventually installing a Happy Trails. This plate is fine, IMO, for paved and graded roads, but not really rugged enough for serious off-roading.
New item by currenv

Stock plastic gizmo that covers the oil filter - I believe it's called the under cowling,
Under Cowling

Happy Trails highway pegs and mounting bar. These attach to a Happy Trails skid plate. I modified them a bit to try to get them to fit my body better but could never get them to work for me. Stromtroopers report having good luck with them.
New item by currenv

I need these to be picked up by February 1st, or I'll have to make the call as to whether to box them up to go on the moving truck or recycle them.

Thanks,

Vinnie

721 - 740 of 746 Posts