StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Admittedly, this idea is not original. But I figured we should have our own free stuff thread like other forums do.

This is how it works:

1. "Sellers" post ads just like a an item for sale. Include details and a picture if possible.
2. No "wanted" posts! This thread is for giving, not asking!
3. Call "dibs" in the message string itself. PM the "seller" afterwards. Dibs are not claimed by PM.
4. It's OK to ask the dibs-taker to pay for shipping (only).
5. If someone calls dibs, then decides not to take the item, the "seller" should notify the next in line via PM.
6. If no one else has dibs, the "seller" should post a "still available" message.
7. When an item is no longer available, post an "item gone" message. This is to keep the "still available?" messages to a minimum.
8. It's OK, and the usual case, to have many items available simultaneously. One does not have to "go" before you post another.
9. You don't HAVE to post a free item after you've received one from another inmate, but that IS the whole idea!
10. Minimize post quoting.
11. Post items IN THIS THREAD ONLY.

So, to get things rolling, sort of, I've already given my stock windshield away to bassbronco_74.

·
Registered
47 Posts
07-11 Wee exhuast parts, tell me what you need the back half (muffler part) is junk, unknown Wee centerstand mounts, you pay shipping or pick up on N Colorado.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In the interest of giving back to the community, here goes nothing:

Many of you know I had an unwelcome crash recently on the right. Both turn signals broke into multiple bits. I found out that the left side rear wouldn't fit on the front right and vice versa so I just replaced all 4 to be uniform.

Therefore, I have both the left front and left rear OEM blinkers in very good condition with the amber lens, oem wiring plug, and the nut to hold it on too.

Take one or both, I don't really care. But I would like photo proof that these will be put to use and not resold (OEM cost is $62.12 each, before tax or shipping), even if you just have a tiny nick and want to replace it. :yesnod:

For reference, these came off my 2008 V-Strom DL650. And I expect shipping to be in the $15-20 range for the pair after I'm done packing them and all. I have plenty of bubble wrap from ordering a number of parts recently :fineprint:

If nobody's in dire need for them, maybe I'll get a picture up this weekend if I remember.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Pay it Forward "trial" Givi Windscreen

I have a Givi windscreen I got for free from another inmate. I never even mounted it because I decided that the Madstad was all I needed. It's free to the next person who wants to try out a Givi. It's got a nice big crack on it, so that should help ensure that it remains a trial unit available to other inmates rather than getting mounted permanently. I think it was $15 for postage.

·
Registered
246 Posts
In the interest of giving back to the community, here goes nothing:

Many of you know I had an unwelcome crash recently on the right. Both turn signals broke into multiple bits. I found out that the left side rear wouldn't fit on the front right and vice versa so I just replaced all 4 to be uniform.

Therefore, I have both the left front and left rear OEM blinkers in very good condition with the amber lens, oem wiring plug, and the nut to hold it on too.

Take one or both, I don't really care. But I would like photo proof that these will be put to use and not resold (OEM cost is $62.12 each, before tax or shipping), even if you just have a tiny nick and want to replace it. :yesnod:

For reference, these came off my 2008 V-Strom DL650. And I expect shipping to be in the $15-20 range for the pair after I'm done packing them and all. I have plenty of bubble wrap from ordering a number of parts recently :fineprint:

If nobody's in dire need for them, maybe I'll get a picture up this weekend if I remember.
Do you still have these?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
311 Posts
1 - 20 of 546 Posts