Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday May 30, 2007
7:00-8:00 PM
Firestone Park Branch - Akron/Summit County Public Library
1486 Aster Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44301
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1486+Aster+Ave.+akron+oh&sll=41.120183,-81.500155&sspn=0.011364,0.020084&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1

Jeff Morgan, creator of the video series OHIO RIDE GUIDE: DISCOVERING THE POSSIBILITIES, will introduce us all to the most challenging, thrilling, and scenic motorcycling routes in the state of Ohio. Along with each exciting ride, learn what to expect on these rides, the best restaurants to try, points of interest to check out, and obstacles to be aware of. Learn about the top 5 most twisty rides and top 5 most scenic rides in Ohio.
I am definitely planning to attend. Hope to see you there!

Gary

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
I will be there!!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I think I can make it, sounds very interesting!

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Man...I would love to go to that! I will be up in Lake Erie fishing that day. You guys need to seriously fill me in, maybe we could even use some of those routes on the 5th.:mrgreen: There truly is some nice riding in this state, shame that many don't venture out much past where they live.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the presentation was well worth the time. Came away with a long list of ideas for future rides. It was good to see a couple of other stromtroopers in attendance (handyhiker and lonerider). We were disappointed that MZBuckeye didn't make it...looking forward to hearing those Holeshot pipes! :)

I marked the presenter's top 5 "technical" rides in Ohio on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=115425457059866330515.00000112e2275ac1626f0&z=8&om=1

Here's a link to his web site:

http://ohiorideguide.com/

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a quick list of his top 5 "scenic" rides in Ohio:

5. Route 93 south of Massillon
4. Route 664 through Hocking Hills State Park
3. Akron/Cleveland Metro Parks
2. Route 7 south of Steubenville
1. Route 26 through Wayne National Forrest

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Well at least 3 out of 4 northern Stromers made it!! I think MZ is home waxing his bike and stroking those new pipes. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Well at least 3 out of 4 northern Stromers made it!! I think MZ is home waxing his bike and stroking those new pipes. :mrgreen:
You wanna meet up and ride down to the Rally? Maybe MZ can come too if he would stop waxing and stroking!!!!:mrgreen: Did I just say that?

Brian

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hey hey hey!

Sorry guys, been busy lately, had to get married on June 2nd and then go to Mexico for a week of sun and booze. Everything went smooth and things will be back to normal soon.

And yes, my pipes are clean as can be :D

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Hey hey hey!

Sorry guys, been busy lately, had to get married on June 2nd and then go to Mexico for a week of sun and booze. Everything went smooth and things will be back to normal soon.

And yes, my pipes are clean as can be :D
Congrats my friend....glad to have you back. I'll have my PCIII by next Thursday, so we'll have to compare our 2005 models back to back soon!;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ride in eastern Ohio a bunch and have hit a few of those roads regularly.

536 got repaved last year and was AWESOME. Then they did "shoulder maintenance" and now it's a mess. It was always a bit dirty on right handers, but now there is gravel all over. Ruined a fine road until it cleans up. Be warned.

The nearby 556 is a bit more open and flowing but still very twisty. And its clean. Recommended.

164 is always good fun on variable quality pavement. Beware gravel.

Did they ever fix 555? Rumor has it that it's pretty beat up and dirty these days. Used to be a great road from all I've read, but recent reports are that it needs some TLC.

26 is a beat up road these days. I would avoid it. At least the section south of Woodsfield is a mess.

Other fine suggestions in that area include 800, 145, 147, 9 (south of I-70) and 148. And you need to ride route 250 from Moundsville, WV to Hundred, WV, then take WV 7 to New Martinsville and cross back into Ohio there. 250 and 7 are just awesome.

More free Ohio River Valley road info at my web site: http://www.MotoRoads.net

It's a work in progress, constantly updating road conditions and suggested routes as I ride them. It's in need of a spring update. Just need to find the time.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts