StromTrooper banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from my Suzuki dealer telling me that Suzuki is offering 0% financing for 5 yrs. until March 31st........Good time to buy if anyone is looking..........TD

·
Registered
900 Posts
When I bought my Wee in May 2011 I was expecting a 2.9% financing deal until the guy told me he'd gotten me 0%! Heck! If I'd know that, I'd have financed a bigger chunk instead of laying down my cash.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love surprises, especially like that........

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
money must be cheap in the US of A - the best here is 6.1% comparison rate for stromers from down under!

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
money must be cheap in the US of A - the best here is 6.1% comparison rate for stromers from down under!
Yeah, a friend of mine just bought Nissan Altima for 0%. I hope that lasts through the summer as Mrs. Smoke desperately needs a new car, and the 2013 Ford Fusion and Escape with the Ecoboost engines are on the short list.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Nothing is free, particularly when money is involved!

But........

DR-650?

I have wanted one for a long time!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nothing is free, particularly when money is involved!

But........

DR-650?

I have wanted one for a long time!
But...but...but...air cooled?!?! :headbang:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Perfect timing for me! :hurray: I was going to go to my local dealer this weekend to put a deposit down on a 2012 650.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
But...but...but...air cooled?!?! :headbang:
Yes. It means that I can work on the bike in my living room, during the winter months, instead of freezing my feet off, on the cold concrete floor of my garage, and go deaf while listening to a propane salamander heater try to chase shivers out of my bones.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes. It means that I can work on the bike in my living room, during the winter months, instead of freezing my feet off, on the cold concrete floor of my garage, and go deaf while listening to a propane salamander heater try to chase shivers out of my bones.
Uh oh. I guess we can look forward to pictures of a tweeked DR-650 in our future.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Even without factory incentives, money is way-cheap now. Auto loan rates are under 3% for new and late-model used vehicles. Hell, HELOCs are under 4%.

Motorcycle loan rates vary a lot, but there are some credit unions that finance bikes at or very near auto rates. Some still charge goofy inflated rates on bikes, so poke around -- there's a lot of variation because some places aren't enlightened.

Even if you have the cash, there's arguably little reason to spend your own when you can use somebody else's money this cheap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yep I took advantage of the 0% and brought this home today. I almost went in last week to buy it, the 0% started Feb 1.

I want to point out that the police car was there before I left for a test ride and didn't follow me back.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had a deposit on a 2012 Wee for a couple weeks now. Today I applied for the 0% loan for 5 yrs and it was approved. I was a little surprised because I thought there would be some excuse to up the rate, at least a little. Kudos' to Suzuki for a good deal...............TD

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The free financing is great, but first negotiate the best price you can for the bike and any accessories you want at this time. One of the local dealerships is offering list price and free 4-year extended service plan. Another local dealership is asking $700 over list....

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
The rate is 6.99% up here in the great poor north. At least that is what it says on the Suzuki Canada site. :yikes:

0% is a great deal, and your MSLP is lower to boot. Lucky you.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
now only if globalization can apply to cheap finance on a consumer scale - we could be buying a lot of new bikes here too. Just make sure the no cost finance is not accompanied by any official "no discount" policy when buying that bike.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The rate is 6.99% up here in the great poor north. At least that is what it says on the Suzuki Canada site. :yikes:

0% is a great deal, and your MSLP is lower to boot. Lucky you.
I am seriously considering a trip to Washington State to take advantage of the 0% vs. the 6.99% that we get. Importing bikes is dead easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts