StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark nights and doing some Google searching on a planned trip later this year to see family in Crete,but I thought I'd ask you guys if you have any experiences of travelling in Italy and Greece..... you know don't do that, do this stuff !!

H

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
i was planning the same trip allmost, but it came down to cost in the end, ferry from uk to france, then ferry brindisi to greece, then onto athens and ferry athens to crete

my main reason for not doing it (apart money) is that the ferries to the islands are not reliable, you can get to athens and have to wait 3 days for a ferry to turn up

there are a few other reasons

i got a book on traveling greece, but didnt just rely on that, i did some internet research too

it would be a mega trip, and one day i will do it, just need more time and money

good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mange tout Dellboy:cool: !! There are lots of potential problems it seems....it's OK if you have time and money on your side but we'll be on a limited time schedule and kicking about is'nt part of the adventure,Im waiting on reliable info from bro in law on the ferries,any of you guys in Greece?

Thanks for the input though if I find out more I'll let you know {dreaming's good for you].....

H

1 - 3 of 3 Posts