StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am installing some frame sliders and trying to identify in my service manual the torque value but am not sure I have it the bolt identified. It's the engine mount and I think it's 40 ft/lbs. Does anybody know for sure? Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The large bolt through the frame hanger where I have my sliders is specified for 67.5lb-ft.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pat.

I am still a little confused that the manual specifies 40 ft/lbs for the nut and 67.5 for the bolt? Or am I reading it wrong. The frame slider has nuts at both ends but even if it were the same bolt would it have two different values?

·
38,103 Posts
The 40lb-ft is for #30 not #32.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I see. Thanks again! I'm going to tell T-Rex who supplied the frame sliders to take another look at their recommended torque value of 30-35 ft/lbs.

Just called T-Rex and they said the the 67.5 torque will make the slider mushroom out and with the nylon lock nuts they provide they feel comfortable with their 30-35 value.

·
38,103 Posts
I agree. A lot of Suzuki specs are excessive anyway. But the SVRacing.com sliders have turned aluminum inserts and the Delrin part will actually rotate. I like that design better than one that will squeeze the plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts