StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a good condition used set of late generation Givi Crash Bars, and Hepco Becker Crash Bars for DL650,

I am working on new versions of bolt on Frame Sliders for our bikes that will look good and work very well with these Crash Bars.

I already have the SW MoTech and Suzuki OEM Crash Bars and am almost done the product development for these Frame Sliders and Crash Bar Combinations,

I would also like to locate a Used good condition SW MoTech Skid Plate as well.

I will be mounting up an M4 Full System on the bike and working out how to install a center stand with it, and how to install the Skid Plate with it.

These developments will benefit us all,

If you can help out with sourcing these parts, let me know at [email protected]

The question of how can I install a skid plate with a full system and how can install a center stand with a full system have been asked many times on the Forum.

With your help I hope you have the answer soon,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great news, Blair. I got some sliders for my DL650, the same ones as on my SV650 and found out they don't quite fit. I bought my bike used and don't know which crash bars I have, gotta figure that out some day. Looking forward to what you come up with. Hey, if you need a local guinea pig to try them... :mrgreen:

Tom

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame Sliders with Crash Bars,

Hi Everyone, Be Careful and Do Not Buy Frame Sliders advertised as universal fit for SV and DL. The lengths on the SV models are too short to work for us and many of those are cheap knock offs with pucks way too hard so that will cause more damage than they save if they do manage to make it the ground,

I am very actively looking for the used sample Crash Bars, Givi Older versions and newer versions to compare and Hepco Becker Crash Bars,

Let me know if anyone has a set they would like to sell or lend to me,

Also looking for the SW Motech Skid Plate to make the M4 Aftermarket Exhaust work with it and know to adjust others to fit as well,

Anyone who can help me out, Let me know by Emailing me Directly at [email protected]

Blair

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Blair
This is interesting. Especially, when I am in the market for a crash bar on which I am thinking about putting a strong weld for the frame slider. Unfortunately, after thinking I realized that it may not be possible to do this myself, because the frame slider placement will need lot of trials for strength and purpose orientation. I wish you will have the product ready for purchase soon.

Best of luck, Logike

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbup: Great News Everyone, I am just in the process of approving the final drawings to be able to bring the new Frame Sliders for use with most all Givi Crash Bars, Hepco Becker Crash Bars, Suzuki and SW MoTec Crash Bars,

Stay tuned for news of the release of these products,

Blair

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Blair, It would be better if you have any date on their availability.

Regards, Logike

:thumbup: Great News Everyone, I am just in the process of approving the final drawings to be able to bring the new Frame Sliders for use with most all Givi Crash Bars, Hepco Becker Crash Bars, Suzuki and SW MoTec Crash Bars,

Stay tuned for news of the release of these products,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumbup: We are in the Machining Stage of the New Frame Sliders for use on our bikes with the Suzuki OEM, SW MoTech, Givi, and Hepco Becker Engine Guards and Crash Bars,

You can look to see photo's of them installed before long at all, They will be another very well machined and finished SV Racing Parts product,

Blair

·
Welfare Funder
375 Posts
:thumbup: We are in the Machining Stage of the New Frame Sliders for use on our bikes with the Suzuki OEM, SW MoTech, Givi, and Hepco Becker Engine Guards and Crash Bars,

You can look to see photo's of them installed before long at all, They will be another very well machined and finished SV Racing Parts product,

Blair
Blair,

I am excited about this! I purchased some used crash bars and I don't know what brand they are. Could you tell if I sent you a picture? I would really like some frame sliders for my bike!

DanD

·
Welfare Funder
375 Posts

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Blair, let us know when you post the video of the slider testing.

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:thumbup: Hi Everyone, I have the Pucks for the New Frame Sliders for our bikes in machining right now,

These will look great and give you protection before your crash bars can touch the ground,

I hope to have them photographed and posed up for your review by the end of the month,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Everyone, I have the New SV Racing Parts, MotoSliders Frame Sliders for the DL650 and DL1000 out of machining and getting ready to photograph and bring it our for all of us later this coming weekend,

You will be able to use these as the Stand Alone Frame Sliders I always wanted to do for our bikes, and they will be available in both Silver finish or Black Anodized for those who want the parts color matched,

You will also be able to use these with Suzuki OEM, SW MoTech, Hepco Becker, and possibly other Crash Bar Combinations,

I have designed them to be strong and to extend to the correct length to protect the crash bars themselves in the event of an unplanned mishap,

These are the best frame sliders design for our bikes that I have done up, so I am very excited to have them come available for all my fellow Stromtroopers,

Stay subscribed to this thread, it will not be long now before the Frame Sliders and their Photos are posted up. I will also list them on the web site at SVRacingParts.com as soon as the photos are done,

Blair

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hi Everyone, Be Careful and Do Not Buy Frame Sliders advertised as universal fit for SV and DL. The lengths on the SV models are too short to work for us and many of those are cheap knock offs with pucks way too hard so that will cause more damage than they save if they do manage to make it the ground,

I am very actively looking for the used sample Crash Bars, Givi Older versions and newer versions to compare and Hepco Becker Crash Bars,

Let me know if anyone has a set they would like to sell or lend to me,

Also looking for the SW Motech Skid Plate to make the M4 Aftermarket Exhaust work with it and know to adjust others to fit as well,

Anyone who can help me out, Let me know by Emailing me Directly at [email protected]

Blair
Been there and done that. My "generic" frame sliders didn't even touch the ground in my low side this past June. Took them off and put SW-Motech engine guards on in their place.

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thumbup: You will like what I am doing and have done with Frame Sliders for our bikes with this new latest iteration Doug, these are more of our own copyright design and I am looking at patent application on these as well,

Stay tuned for a Monday Night Post once I get back from the weekend event and have a chance to post the photo's.

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, Yes, The New MotoSliders Frame Sliders for our bikes can be ordered anytime now,

Go to SVRacingParts.com and Go in Under For Stromtroopers and then under Frame Sliders to order online,

Anyone outside of the USA simply chooses Check Out by Email and I will get you looked after right away,

Anyone with specific questions, Please Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

No PM Please, make it easy for me to help you by Emailing me,

Thanks,

Blair

1 - 17 of 17 Posts