StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you for that! That looks very encouraging!
Any one else care to offer ideas?
This is best and least expensive option yet... ( I think)
The main difference is that if you go off road, the racing sliding will stuck on the ground and plow. That offers no protection to your engine.
In the same situation, the accessory bar will protect your engine from the debris, rocks, etc coming off the ground.
So the accessory bar is of road oriented and the racing slider protects your bike if you will fall on a hard ,flat surface.
I have a 2016 650 XT, I do off road about 1 a month, and commute to work. The accessory bar (also called Engine Crash Bar) has protected by bike in at least 7 occasions, it totally saved me money by no replacing fairings. The crash bar in the 650 is higher than the one you shows us though.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
You can also get case savers now. All those do is stop the cases being scratched up in a slide. They also don't vibrate like crash bars ;)

That was my choice as my DL1000 is used as a touring bike.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The main difference is that if you go off road, the racing sliding will stuck on the ground and plow. That offers no protection to your engine.
In the same situation, the accessory bar will protect your engine from the debris, rocks, etc coming off the ground.
So the accessory bar is of road oriented and the racing slider protects your bike if you will fall on a hard ,flat surface.
I have a 2016 650 XT, I do off road about 1 a month, and commute to work. The accessory bar (also called Engine Crash Bar) has protected by bike in at least 7 occasions, it totally saved me money by no replacing fairings. The crash bar in the 650 is higher than the one you shows us though.
Can you post a pic of your engine protection bars please? ( or link)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can also get case savers now. All those do is stop the cases being scratched up in a slide. They also don't vibrate like crash bars ;)

That was my choice as my DL1000 is used as a touring bike.
Is there a link for the case savers?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
So the accessory bar is of road oriented and the racing slider protects your bike if you will fall on a hard ,flat surface...
Beg to differ...
The sliders will slide off road just like the handlebar ends, passenger pegs, etc. Unless you're in mud I guess then you have bigger problems!

Think of them as mini BMW cylinders sticking out there!

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Is there a link for the case savers?
eBay. R&G case savers

Note that if you have a Givi belly pan surgery will need to be committed to get the mounts to fit but it was pretty easy. I also had to lower my brake pedal a tad to make it work, but that needed doing anyway.

What these won't do is save the tank, but in practice :), i.e. static drops the hand guards took all the damage there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Beg to differ...
The sliders will slide off road just like the handlebar ends, passenger pegs, etc. Unless you're in mud I guess then you have bigger problems!

Think of them as mini BMW cylinders sticking out there!
Hi, the handle bar slide because the weigh of the bike is not on them, the weight is in the engine area. And that's why the protections is more needed there. The foot pegs fold in to prevent accidents, even the turn indicator lights allow some bending for the same reason (in any bike).
The race sliders are great on the road though. they protect your bike from impact, scratches without adding a lot of hardware.
Going off road , well, I don't know what type of off road you do, but here , that is what it will happen over, barks, loose gravel, mud, grass, wet clay.

20200516_094343.jpg
20200216_113711.jpg
20191020_111750.jpg
20190506_142239.jpg
20191020_111702.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts