StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been testing the paint on my OEM crash bars (attached to a 2017 DL1000) and I'm having a few dramas locating the Suzuki paint codes so I can buy some touch up spray paint. The paint on the crash bars appears identical to the satin black paint colour used on the subframe. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

·
Super Moderator
5,157 Posts
Satin Black

But I would tend to take them off for a complete respray. Wipe down with sugar soap, rinse and dry first.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I would tend to take them off for a complete respray. Wipe down with sugar soap, rinse and dry first.
Thanks Brockie. I'll be removing the affected side and prepping it properly but was just after the frame paint code for an exact match. If not possible, even a recommendation for a brand of satin black spray paint which is a very close match would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,157 Posts
Hi Tony,

Your motorcycle frame was painted by a robot - and almost certainly the crash bars were made in a different factory and painted by a different painting system. Also, your frame is a welded aluminium extrusion whereas the bars are made of steel tube. Realistically any extra effort to match the paint is not justified. Any brand of Satin Black will do the job. The secret to a good result is in the preparation.
You can find the colour codes here: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/suzuki-parts/color-codes
Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Tony,

Your motorcycle frame was painted by a robot - and almost certainly the crash bars were made in a different factory and painted by a different painting system. Also, your frame is a welded aluminium extrusion whereas the bars are made of steel tube. Realistically any extra effort to match the paint is not justified. Any brand of Satin Black will do the job. The secret to a good result is in the preparation.
You can find the colour codes here: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/suzuki-parts/color-codes
Good luck.
All sorted. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am pretty sure Suzuki sub contract manufacturing the bars to one of the after market mobs. I was told once that SW motech make them for Suzuki but no idea if it is true at all. I know that you can buy all genuine Suzuki paints as a spare part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts